Dark Crystal Collector's Edition DVD Box Set

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie = IAVMMCM.

It's nearly the same length, and takes the same amount of time to spell out, but it's good to stay canon with the other abbreviations.

Habidabad

Reaction score
Amazon.com and SonyPictures.com finally have listings for the collector's edition box set:

Amazon.com: DVD: Dark Crystal - The Collector's Edition Box Set

Details from Amazon.com:

List Price: $50
Amazon.com Price: $35
Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
Format: Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen, Box set
Rated: PG
Studio: Columbia Tri-Star
Release Date: November 25, 2003

Sony Pictures - DVD & Video

Details from SonyPictures.com:

Format: DVD, Color, Closed-captioned
Rated: PG
Running Time: 93 Min.
Senitype®
Jim Henson's Original Notes

What is a Senitype®, you ask?
A limited edition image from the motion picture and 35 mm film frame.

We still don't know what else is being released with this box set, but with the price it's probably not much. Most collector's box sets with a Senitype® usually come with a movie poster, lobby cards, and black and white photos.

More expensive box sets sometime come with one or more of the following:
Extra DVD Features
Commemorative Booklet
Soundtrack CD
Script
Lithograph
Certificate of Authenticity

Sometimes autographed editions are released, but these usually range around $150 - 250!

I wouldn't hold my breath!

Habidabad

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
"MFC? TCT?"
Those are abrvations for the Muppet Family Christmas specail and The Christmas Toy. MFC, TCT, get it?
Zack)Rowlf the Dog
I knew that they were abbreviations for movies. I just didn't know which ones. Of course, I've heard and seen both those movies, but when it comes to abbreviations those two don't popped out automatically for me! I always call "The Dark Crystal" DC or TDC! :smile:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
The cover is a bit drab, IMO. Especially after the awesome cover artwork for Storyteller and the releases for Labyrinth and the Dark Crystal.

Oh well :smirk:

Reaction score
Okay, but at what point does this sort of thing just sorta dickover the fans. I hate when they release better versions of movies after they've released it. Honestly, dvds cost enough as is without having to re-buy the same move over and over. It's crazy to have the dark crystal special edition, then the dark crystal even more special edition. Pretty soon they'll be releasing movies so special that they'll need to be shipped to the store in the small bus! :grouchy:

Perhaps I'll be wrong about this one, I mean, if they do a really special somthing with it, I'll be ok with it I guess.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Personally, I don't care, as I am trying to complete my Henson DVD collection :smile:

But as for others, I am purposelly not purchasing Scooby Doo or any of the LOTR films, as I know they'll eventually release a box set of all three movies. Probably an expensive one, too, w/all the extended editions plus some extra goodies. Same w/Star Trek Nemesis. Paramount has slowly been releasing all the films in 2 disc directors editions (They're up to The Final Frontier now); and after getting the original Star Trek 1-9 box set, I will not be burned again. :wink:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Sci-Fi.com News reported that Warner Bros. has already commissioned a screenwriting team to begin work on a script for a third Scooby movie. I know it seems weird, but I guess they want to get rolling on it pretty quickly if the second one does well.

So even though you accidentally said 3 Scooby movies, you turned out to be right anyway. :big_grin: