Dark Crystal Collector's Edition DVD Box Set

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
A third Scooby movie? Yay!

I know it's premature and everything, but I have no doubt the sequel will do well. I mean, it's pretty hard to screw up a Scooby Doo film :smile:

Habidabad

Reaction score
The Book of Habidabad - News

New page at SonyPictures.com for "The Dark Crystal - The Collector's Edition Box Set"!

Sony Pictures - The Dark Crystal - Main

SYNOPSIS:

THE DARK CRYSTAL is a masterful live-action fantasy starring some of Jim Henson's most imaginative creatures ever! Directed by Jim Henson and Frank Oz and produced by Gary Kurtz (Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back), THE DARK CRYSTAL brilliantly weaves a timeless myth of Good and Evil! In another time, THE DARK CRYSTAL- a source of Balance and Truth in the Universe- was shattered, dividing the world into two factions: the wicked Skeksis and the peaceful Mystics. Now, as the convergence of the three suns approaches, the Crystal must be healed, or darkness will reign forevermore! It's up to Jen -the last of his race- to fulfill the prophecy that a Gelfling will return the missing shard to the Crystal and destroy the Skeksis' evil Empire. But will young Jen's courage be any match for the unknown dangers that await him?

DVD FEATURES:

Collectible Senitype: Limited edition numbered image from the motion picture and its corresponding 35mm film frame.

ALL New - Only on this Edition:
• "The Mithra Treatment:" Jim Henson's Original Treatment of the Film
• Character Illustrations
• Storyboards

Other Special Features :
• Digitally Remastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
• Deluxe WIDESCREEN presentation
• Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby Digital) and 2-Channel (Dolby Surround), Spanish (Mono)
• Subtitles: English, Spanish
• The World of "The Dark Crystal" Making-of Documentary
• Original Language: Work Print Scenes
• Deleted Funeral Scenes
• Character Drawings & Profiles
• Theatrical Trailer
• Bonus Trailers
• Talent Files

"The Dark Crystal - The Collector's Edition Box Set" will be released in the UK on January 26, 2004! No listing at amazon.co.uk yet!

Old NEWS:
"Labyrinth / Dark Crystal / The Princess Bride VHS 3-Pack" available at amazon.co.uk!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
After getting my copy with the mail today I was watchting all the special features and I found something that can be a little misunderstood.

The talent file on Frank Oz says that he was the performer of The Swedish Chef. So all of those that don't have the correct muppet knowledge could think that he actually did the swedish chef. But in reality he only did the hands.

I know it's a minor detaill but non the less it's there.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
That is weird, that they'd put all that effort into making a nice set and then get an important Henson detail like that wrong.

Oh, well, still looks like a great set overall.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I love the video set..I read the notes that Jim wrote in about an hour just fully reading and understanding the thought process..wow I am glad they were stuck in the airport..the idea was amazing. I know the paper has pre-copied over and over but it is amazing to see a glimps into such genius work as what he did. The box set is worth every dollar. :smile: