Muppet Film and TV References

scooter289

Reaction score
last night on SNL, Lindsay lohan was the host and during a TV Funhouse cartoon, there was a reference to the Muppets. It was about how so many sequel movies are going into the Disney vault. So they made parody of that by having a movie called "Inside the Disney Vault" where these kids are taken into the vault with Mickey Mouse with a bunch of ridiculous sequels to a bunch of Disney movies. Then they discover the frozen head of Walt Disney,and other things such as a version of "Song of the South" that he (Walt) showed at parties and Mickey mentioned it's not something to be proud of. They then find this sheet and pull it to unveil that Jim Henson and Kermit the Frog were tied up and locked inside the vault! I can't remember what exactly Mickey said after that because I was laughing so much.

:smile:

Timotheus

Reaction score
This is not a movie or TV reference, but I read in a newspaper that when Carrot Top *shudder* came to the Coronado Theater (the beautiful and beloved theater in my hometown of Rockford, IL), he said, in reference to the style of the decorations, "Look! It's the Muppets."

Ok, I'll go crawl back into my little hole in the ground now...

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
The preview for the next episode of Wonder Showzen looks like they're going to do a parody of Muppet Babies.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
The SNL thing last night was very funny. What Mickey said, when they found Jim and Kermit tied up, was "He wouldn't sell! He wouldn't sell!"

:smile:

Daylight

Reaction score
On a recent episode of Doctor Who, when the Doctor and Rose were trying to travel to 1979, the Doctor was talking about the great things of 1979 and he mentioned the Muppet Movie saying he really loved it.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Americain Dad DVD came out yesterday, But the real news is taht there is a deleted family guy scene on there about Lois being able to "sleep with Kermit the Frog"

Lois, we've been over this! You can only have sex with three other people besides me: Darth Vader, John Schneider, and THAT guy!"
Kermit standing in the doorway: "I get to have sex with Lois? YAAAAAAAAYYY!!"
Kinda like the " deepthrout" Parody 2 wks ago

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Also On The 4/21 Episode Of Wonder Showzen (mtv2)

They Did A 2 Min Muppet Babies Parody

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
On one episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, an out of control car crashes into a dumpster and it falls over and an Oscar like character comes out of the dumpster stunned.

P.S.- Sorry if this reference has been mentioned before.( I didn't have the patients to look through all of the pages.)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Bear from BITBBH makes a cameo appearance in this month's issue of MAD Magazine in the Broke Back Mountain spoof.