1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Film and TV References

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmiley, Jun 1, 2002.

1. terrimonster Member

Rules of Engagement (about 50 sec into this clip):
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rules_...cf9tXjyfqhhoUq4edmz67ek&vs=homepage&play=true
  2. Gelfling Girl Active Member

From Chain Reaction just now:

CRACK
    OPEN
    SESAME
    STREET

SMART
    COOKIE
    MONSTER

Sadly I didn't get to see the whole thing, just that final chain.
  3. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Ha ha- awesome!:)
  4. Gelfling Girl Active Member

I can't remember if this was Cold Stone or Marble Slab, but I was looking at a Signature Creations list for one of those two ice cream shops, and one of the creations was labeled as "Cookie Minster" and it had something with mint and either cookie dough or Oreo cookies. :insatiable:
  5. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Hey prawncracker- I saw this and was inspired to do just that in this thread here- http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?p=823198#post823198
    :)
  6. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

7. Vic Romano Active Member

I've been watching a lot of MST3K, and I never realized how many Muppet and Jim references there are. Some are really obscure too, which proves they were superfans. I found a complete list of them on the wiki too!

Old, I know, but so awesome!
  8. The Count Moderator

Yes, MST3K was such an influence on me when growing up, I love that show... But not the $60 for the DVD volumes Shout Factory keeps releasing.

Anyway... Anybody watch The Soup on E! On this week's episode there's a sketch where Ken John (SP?) from Community's posing as George Clooney to get a date with Access Hollywood's María Menunos (SP?)
    At one point, he calls her "María Mahnamahna". Only us Mupfans got that sadly.
  9. Gelfling Girl Active Member

10. Gelfling Girl Active Member

This was from something my dad was watching on Netflix just now:

"Name one jazz musician"
    "Dr. Teeth"
    "He's a Muppet"
    "He's a jazz Muppet"
  11. GarlicGuy New Member

I was wathing scrubs once and somebody said, "What the Fraggle Rock is goig on here"? Me and my mom excanged glances. :smirk:
  12. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Just now on Jeopardy, there was a category called "Cookie Monster Review Novel", and the host was reading the clues in a bad Cookie Monster impression. :D:insatiable::crazy:
  13. GarlicGuy New Member

My sister was watching Icarly and I overheard them say, "BoogieBear Takes Manhattan"...
  14. shadow Pumpkinh New Member

For you wrestling fans: Backstage reporter Maria talked to Chris Jericho about his band called Fozzie, and Maria said something about is Kermit and Miss Piggy in it too.

When he got his star on the Walk of Fame a few years back, Vince McMahon compared himself to Kermit the Frog.

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy had an episode where a Oscar the Grouch type character makes a cameo.
  15. vettech28 Active Member

I don't know if anybody's mentioned this yet, but in the film version of "Dragnet" with Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd, as they chase after someone in their car, they run into a bunch of stuffed animals that the bad guy knocked over and Dan's character says, "Look out, Muppets!"
  16. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Just now on Cash Cab (or that's what the listing said it was...), they had a question along the lines of, "Which 1980's Jim Henson TV show featured Doozers and Gorgs?" :excited::coy::busy:
  17. GarlicGuy New Member

In Mad Mag there was a tell-the-difference-between-these-two-New Moon-posters or something like that. On the opposite poser Count was behind Edward. They called him "The Scariest Vapire That Ever Lived"
  18. The newest FG thing is from a non-sequitur featuring Meg, and The Count
    THE COUNT: One nipple, ah ah ah, Two nipples, ah ah ah, Three nip- Oh he** no, I'm getting outta here
  19. GonzoLeaper Active Member

On an episode of a new version of Password (hosted by Regis Philbin), one of the words William Shatner was supposed to guess was "Kermit". He didn't get it right- he actually said "Hermit". Maybe people just don't hear the "K" or something, but come on- it's Kermit the (F-R-O-G) :mad:Frog!:)
  20. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/community/blog/25855

On this vlog, an anime reviewer is griping about some Naruto episodes and complains about how blatant some of the plot exposition ignorance is ... and he ends up suggesting that he prefers when Fozzie just gives the EM the script in TMM.