Rumor: The Muppet Wizard of Oz

Beauregard

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Plume

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
You'd actually pass on a Muppet Movie? I'd pay to see a film of Kermit eating his lunch for ten minutes, but that's just my fan side talking.
Unfortunately, this is exactly the type of thinking that continues to derail far too many franchises. If I had one wish, it'd be for fans to be instilled with a healthy desire - and demand - for quality, instead of the blanket "Even medicore *** is better than no ***" attitude.

If a person is truly a fan of a given franchise, then they should be keen on said franchise not going downhill due to half-baked projects (Swamp Years) or poor handling of said projects (MFS).

-Ken, who now returns to his travels...

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
I think the casting is great, and the idea of Natalie Portman is brilliant! She's a great actress with enough child-like charm to give Judy Garland a run for her money. At first I thought they might not be able to afford her, but they did have Whoopi, Joan Cusack, and William H. Macy for the last TV movie. I hope this all comes to be. :smile:
-Artie

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind Natalie Portman has worked with the Muppets before. She starred on Sesame Street this season.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think Natalie Portman would be great in this movie, and I really like the idea of dual-casting Miss Piggy as Glinda and the Wicked Witch. She does have both of those aspects to her personality!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Ken Plume said:
If I had one wish, it'd be for fans to be instilled with a healthy desire - and demand - for quality, instead of the blanket "Even medicore *** is better than no ***" attitude.

If a person is truly a fan of a given franchise, then they should be keen on said franchise not going downhill due to half-baked projects (Swamp Years) or poor handling of said projects (MFS).
I agree (to an extent). Except for For example, MFS. People get more excited for MFS because the Muppets are "playing themselves." Yeah well, so Kermit is "Kermit" again, does that make the movie better? In MCC, which I personally consider the best post-Jim Muppet project, Kermit and Piggy were not playing "themselves." So? Are they not still good and lovable? Was it still not a good film with a lot of heart and well, quality? Note: This is for the people who like MCC, others can tear me apart. :big_grin:

As for the "mediocre **** or no ****" part, well for the past few years the Muppets have given us both. Hopefully, they'll turn around once the Frog gets back on his flippers.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
I agree (to an extent). Except for For example, MFS. People get more excited for MFS because the Muppets are "playing themselves." Yeah well, so Kermit is "Kermit" again, does that make the movie better?
Am I the only one around here who really liked Muppets From Space? I saw it twice in the theater, and it cracked me up both times!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I haven't read all of this thread but wondered if anyone knows if its likely for there to be another muppet movie of the muppets wizard of oz. I would be happy with any new muppet productions because we don't see that many of them these days.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Padme as Dorathy sound good, I guess. I could live with Muppet WIzard of Oz if she was in it, but other than that. Totall *** in the broadest sence of teh word.