Rumor: The Muppet Wizard of Oz

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is your problem with the idea? I have asked so many times, and you won't answer me!

Anyway, I posted this somewhere else, but, couldn't you picture Scooter playing the Wicked Witch's henchman winged monkey guy?

"Poppies. Got it. Send off the jitter bug. Okay. Er, could I get you some coffeee with that spell, ma'am?"

Cheebo

Reaction score
Sal would work much better as the flying monkey, seeing how he is a monkey and all.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Am I the only one around here who really liked Muppets From Space? I saw it twice in the theater, and it cracked me up both times!
Don't get me wrong, I liked MFS. It's a good film, but it's not up to the scale as some of the other Muppet movies. But it's still an enjoyable movie. Beats that Elmo in Grouchland crap...

beaker

Reaction score
I love reading the Aint It Cool News feedback...
"ThE MUPPETS ROCKED!! But then I turned 5. What a stupid idea."
My how people have lost their innocence and wonder...and this is why true Muppet fans are underground...because most of the world sees the Muppets as old nostalgia kiddy stuff...AND THIS TV SPECIAL ISNT GOING TO HELP.

Again I say...we were on the cusp of an 'edgy' Fox Muppet show...and now look where we are...JHC down to a water cooler in Manhattan, making an early 90's choice.

I pray and wonder if there is any hope for 2005?

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Here's an important question for anyone out there with a possible answer: (*ahem* buckbeaver *ahem*)

To whom and to where would a puppeteer send a resume for possible background work on this production? (Between Munchkinland, the Emerald City and Flying Monkeys, there should be the need for mucho BG work.) I tried to pull up the official JHC website, but to no avail. (I gues they're updating.) I could always drive over to the La Brea Ave offices and lean on the buzzer ala Steve Whitmire. Ha ha. But seriously. Anyone have the name of the talent coordinator/casting director/whatever-they-call-it?

--Scraps.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
what the heck is going on here? the muppet version of wizard of oz??....what the heck is wrong with the hensons? (not to be rude) they finally bought back their company after years of the company being over at another company in europe and they think this new muppet special could help with the stability of the company? when you're running a company you don't make bone head, stupid, and idiotic idea like this. this will probably not help the company, but hurt it.

i'm with cory into asking not just myself but to everyone, where is the new edgier muppets people promised us? i liked the christmas movie last year, and thought it was great to see all the characters. i always thought that the muppets were made for everyone, not just kids, but somehow got thrown into the kids category years ago. looks like that edgier phase passed and the kiddie phase is back on top.

but this, this idea with only kermit, piggy, fozzie, gonzo, and a character i'm beginning to hate more and more of each day, pepe????????????since when did pepe became a classic character and take over the spot light for rowlf the dog or scooter?

ryan

beaker

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
where is the new edgier muppets people promised us?
Down the waste basket of dreams I guess, with all the other false hopes and things. I have hope *something good and epic* can happen in 2005...then again Ive been rallying for a 'new muppet rennasissance on here for 5 years.

ryhoyarbie said:
since when did pepe became a classic character and take over the spot light for rowlf the dog or scooter?
since 2002! I like how Pepe is now part of the main core 5 now, replacing Animal.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If Pepe has cut into anyone's screen time, I would think it would be Rizzo. Rizzo was center stage in Christmas Carol and Treasure Island, but has played less of a role since then.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
beaker said:
since 2002! I like how Pepe is now part of the main core 5 now, replacing Animal.
i'm assuming you like how pepe is overshadowing the greats like rowlf, scooter, floyd and others huh...

no offense but bill needs to lay off pepe for a while, or atleast give him the shortest amount of screen presence and concentrate on other characters.

ryan