Rumor: The Muppet Wizard of Oz

dmx10101

Reaction score
How would Muppets like the Swedish Chef and Bunsen & Beaker fit into this movie???

beaker

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
If Pepe has cut into anyone's screen time, I would think it would be Rizzo. Rizzo was center stage in Christmas Carol and Treasure Island, but has played less of a role since then.
You got a point there...it seemed for awhile Rizzo was one of the main characters from the early to late 90's.

ryhoyarbie said:
i'm assuming you like how pepe is overshadowing the greats like rowlf, scooter, floyd and others huh...

no offense but bill needs to lay off pepe for a while, or atleast give him the shortest amount of screen presence and concentrate on other characters.
Well, that's JHC's decision I guess...I am happy a post jh character has really 'made' it...Rowlf and Scooter have been on psuedo hiatus while they are fine tuned...tho I must say I am really impressed with Bill's Rowlf.
I can see how Pepe might be a bit too oversaturated in the last few years...definately not near the Elmo point...but in part I would agree in that I would like to see some newer or classic characters come to the forefront.
As for laying off Pepe, that's like Clash laying off Elmo...it's their signature bread and butter! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
This si why I don't like Pepe, I think he has a great character, but he took Piggy's place, stealing the limelight each scene he was in.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
beaker said:
tho I must say I am really impressed with Bill's Rowlf.
bill hasn't done anything with rowlf that has got me impressed. yeah rowlf had a few lines in the making of the weezer muppet video, but thats all i've heard of rowlf since then.

don't people from the company come on this board and read our opinions and try to use that for future productions?

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ryan....I sort of agree with you*really not trying to start a fight* but don't blame bill! He doesn't write the scripts. I bet the writer's pick Pepe because he is easy to write for, and he is the Muppet that is most relatable to todays audiences, so if you want to blame the writer's go right ahead, but as a member of the BBB, I cannot allow you to blame Bill!

jediX

Reaction score
Buttercup said:
I'd LOVE to see this, I hope it's true.
And I, not. This will be one thing shall 'forget' to watch...

rexcrk

Reaction score
Buttercup said:
I'd LOVE to see this, I hope it's true.
Me too! :smile: I'm in for anything Muppets. And btw, how do we *know* that's it's gonna be a "kiddie" movie anyway? :confused:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
jediX said:
And I, not. This will be one thing shall 'forget' to watch...
Really? I can't imagine anything that the Muppets do not being at least one viewing. Otherwise, how will you know? I'm willing to bet that most of the people on this board who say they are not going to watch this will probably watch it, if only to confirm what they already thought and give them something to complain about.

No offense to you personally, of course, but it's probably true for most. I have a similar reaction when people on other boards (such as the AICN talkbacks) complain about particular series of movies (usually Star Wars) and insist that they won't even go see the next one in the theaters, rent it, or deliberately see it on TV. No, they'll only see it if it happens to be on TV, with nothing else on, and they're very bored. Of course, they're talking about a series of movies that they do have some passion for and ongoing investment in... I bet 80% of those people will still wait in line on opening day, go see it, and then get right back to complaining. It's the nature of the beast...

Anyway, as I said, I can't imagine anything that the Muppets do not being worth my time for at least one viewing.

jediX

Reaction score
I just don't like Wizard. Just my opinion, although unpopular (won't get into that) -- it's a disappointment to me when there's a potential new Muppet show coming within the next few years.

Unrelated note...you think those SW boards are bad? I just gave up on a search for a small LOTR fact because all I could find were obsessive people complaining about how inaccurate the movies are when compared to the books. But, that's a different discussion.

:: prepares to be torn apart ::