Palisades Series 8 Revealed!

What do you think of Palisades Series 8?

• It's awesome! I will get them all.

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • It's great. I will buy most of series 8, but not all.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 8.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
I think it's pretty neat that they're making a figure of Scooter in this role, especially since he's played the role at least 3 times!!!
Whoah.

Somehow the idea of Scooter the User fit very comfortably in my mind, but I never really realized why - somehow, in decades of watching those movies over and over and over again, the fact that Scooter was an usher/pop-corn vendor three times never really hit my conscious...

- Derek

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
TOO TOO TRUE! yes that, I'm glad you brought that up, not sure if anyone has yet. but Yes it's kinda like a Rowlf/Dr Bob thing with Scooter but just scooter as an usher, It's way way more important then Super hero scooter figure. I did a post on the old MC on Muppet Movie Tradistions for the first three flims. it seems there was always a Sesame Street Character/s in each movie, a Muppet/s riding a bike, Scooter as an usher, Miss Piggy karte choping someone or thing, Muppet/s riding in some sort of vehical or transportantion, Bus, car, boat, balloon, plane, motercyle and such it kinda goes with bikes too, there were others as well.

Kinggodzillak

Reaction score
Well, I think this a great looking set. I was going to get the MTI Sam but I might wait now and save my money for nude Sam. (Very unAmerican, as he would say, but I'm in the UK, so I'm going to allow myself). I hadn't even thought Marvin would be made but I love him and I shall have him. The only weak fig for me is Scooter, because as much as I like the character and I would love to have a full set, I'd prefer to spend the money on a unique fig I don't already own.

And Phil - yes yes YES! Wanted him, love im to bits, and he'll definitely take pride of place in my collection. :flirt:

"I have a platinum card, a platinum card, a platinum card! I have a platinum card, AND YOU ALL JUST HAVE GREEN ONES!"

WiGgY

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
TOO TOO TRUE! yes that, I'm glad you brought that up, not sure if anyone has yet. but Yes it's kinda like a Rowlf/Dr Bob thing with Scooter but just scooter as an usher, It's way way more important then Super hero scooter figure. I did a post on the old MC on Muppet Movie Tradistions for the first three flims. it seems there was always a Sesame Street Character/s in each movie, a Muppet/s riding a bike, Scooter as an usher, Miss Piggy karte choping someone or thing, Muppet/s riding in some sort of vehical or transportantion, Bus, car, boat, balloon, plane, motercyle and such it kinda goes with bikes too, there were others as well.
Ya know thats right. I didn't reliaze so many things were redone in the movies. I hope the next movie has all of these little thing in it. Muppets on bikes is something we need back.

Thijs

Reaction score
Usher Scooter appeared 4 times. The fourth was in Muppets from Space.

The first Marvin Suggs sculpts are at palisadestoys.com, look very cool

jtatooine

Reaction score
Tommie said:
Usher Scooter appeared 4 times. The fourth was in Muppets from Space.
I saw an episode of Muppet Babies with the grown up Scooter in cartoon form. I think he was in his exact usher outfit working an elevator.

The episode is called "8 flags over the nursery"

Drtooth

Reaction score
jtatooine said:
I saw an episode of Muppet Babies with the grown up Scooter in cartoon form. I think he was in his exact usher outfit working an elevator.

The episode is called "8 flags over the nursery"
Actually, i saw that just a few days ago, for like the millionth time. Scooter was his regular Muppet Babies self, not a grown up, if I may correct....

I feel that Scooter would be the pretty weak one in the line up. If not the fact that people already have a couple Scooters, the fact he comes with one accessory (which I don't think was in the movie... I've been meaning to check it out). I do recall it was indeed the Chef serving the Popcorn, so it would fit very well if you give it to him. But I do want him. The Stronger ones are definately the obscure characters of Phil and marvin, though they seem really obscure. Sam may be the strongest, since he is the best remembered of the line, and everyone lobbied for a plain Sam afte4r seeing Sam Arrow... :attitude:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Actually, i saw that just a few days ago, for like the millionth time. Scooter was his regular Muppet Babies self, not a grown up, if I may correct....

I feel that Scooter would be the pretty weak one in the line up. If not the fact that people already have a couple Scooters, the fact he comes with one accessory (which I don't think was in the movie... I've been meaning to check it out). I do recall it was indeed the Chef serving the Pigcorn, so it would fit very well if you give it to him. But I do want him. The Stronger ones are definately the obscure characters of Phil and marvin, though they seem really obscure. Sam may be the strongest, since he is the best remembered of the line, and everyone lobbied for a plain Sam after seeing Sam Arrow... :attitude:
I don't think it matters that it's not "movie" accuret. It's just a very small role in the movie Palisades is making a figure out off it years later because it fits Scooters character. It's not promoting the movie coming back to theaters, it's basically a fan nugget action figure. But it's not too out of the blue because it fit Scooters personality, yes Scooter was even selling Gonzo t-shirts in MFS. So it's not really an Usher but that he's always selling something. Ya gotta kind of think as this Usher scooter as a combo of the scenes Scooter has done as either an Usher/popcorn boy in the movies, Not a two min part in TMTM. It's memorable to the character personality and too fans.

I remember someone saying long ago that a Tutu Pepe wasn't that great idea for a figure because he only wears it for like 4 seconds in MFS, But ya gotta remember that it's memorable to the fans and people who saw the movie. I think it would be a great figure! :smile:

jtatooine

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Yeah you are right, I messed up.

I watched it again today, and Scooter is his Muppet Babies self, but a lot of the other Muppets show up as adults. (Pigs in Space, etc..)

GPrime1

Reaction score
Don't forget that Scooter was selling orgainc popcorn in the opening scenes of The Muppet Movie!