Palisades Series 8 Revealed!

What do you think of Palisades Series 8?

• It's awesome! I will get them all.

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • It's great. I will buy most of series 8, but not all.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 8.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
caper said:
WHere is the Standard Rowlf???? Sam is cool!!! It should have been reg. Rowlf, reg. Sam, Lips, and Pops with Happiness Hotel Bus. I can't believe palisades is doing this thing. Sam is the only thing I would buy in this series.
The Happiness Hotel Bus was never on the block as a viable option. It's too big and there are copyright issues with the design. That was never something that was going to come out. Nonetheless, if you wait a while the characters you want will probably be released. They can't just release everyting you want all at once. Timing is everyting. Have some faith and patience. If their track record means anything, we will get most of this stuff in time.

Thijs

Reaction score
This i certainly not one of my favourite series, but Marvin Suggs makes it one of the best. Of all the choices, I never expected him to be made. Absolutely cool. I liked Muppets Tonight, but there were some characters I didn't like.
And Phil was always my least favourite. I hated the skits. But hey, there are enough people who like him, and he had a strong part in MFS, so it's great he will be released, he deserves it. On the other hand: why not Sal!? We have to wait far too long for a Sal to go with Johnny, and besides, Sal is my favourite MT character. But I have to say Phil's sculpt looks great.
Im not very excited about Sam, but that's because I very recently bought S. Arrow. A question: will he be resculpted, or is it just Samuel without his clothes?
And too I am not excited about Usher Scooter. I have the regular and Super Scooter, and although Scooter is my favourite TMS character, I don't need another. I would rather have another Animal.

I read the Palisades FAQ, and it said that Palisades doesnt have the rights to make JHH figures, neither Fraggle Rock, SS or Dark Crystal. Besides, he said, Dark Crystal figures don't sell (Sideshow tried already).

Maybe the release of Marvin Suggs is a new trend? Classic TMS characters? Suggs only appeared in 4 eps and for 2 seconds in TMM. Let's hope for Hilda, Pops, George, Wayne,.... Oh, and why are people always complaining about the lack of Lips. I don't see him as a band member, just because he has a name. He has 1 singing line.

Fozzie

Reaction score
Does anyone know yet if Marvin will definetly have his muppephones?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Of course Marvin Suggs is coming with his six Muppephones (that is a show accurate number). Sam will have an improved likeness. That doesn't mean that it will be an entirely new head sculpt, but it doesnt mean the head will be identical either. We'll just have to wait and see.

Fozzie

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Of course Marvin Suggs is coming with his six Muppephones (that is a show accurate number).
Well I wasn't sure since on the compiled list of info it was said that an accessory that wouldn't be included with a figure would cause a major discussion on the board. I was worried it would be Marvin with no muppephones. Well that's a relief.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Tommie said:
On the other hand: why not Sal!?
Sal had to be pushed back to get the sculpt right. All that hair is hard to do.

Thijs

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
Sal had to be pushed back to get the sculpt right. All that hair is hard to do.
Oh, man, I can't wait to buy my favourite stinky little monkey

Oh, Fozzie, Sam will have no flag, that's what will be a discussion point (although those expectations are too high I think)

jediX

Reaction score
I don't see how thats "contravercial," though...it's not like it's all that hard to buy a little flag to display yourself, or anything.

All that matters is Sal is coming, and I don't care if that may be series 9 or 10.

Oh yea, Tommie, maybe you or someone else knows this. Since you say they don't have the JHH rights, how does it work with crossover characters? I mean, Clifford was originally a JHH character. Couldn't those guys be packaged/marketed under their subsequent programs?

Thijs

Reaction score
jediX said:
I don't see how thats "contravercial," though...it's not like it's all that hard to buy a little flag to display yourself, or anything.

All that matters is Sal is coming, and I don't care if that may be series 9 or 10.

Oh yea, Tommie, maybe you or someone else knows this. Since you say they don't have the JHH rights, how does it work with crossover characters? I mean, Clifford was originally a JHH character. Couldn't those guys be packaged/marketed under their subsequent programs?
They have the Muppets Tonight rights, and Clifford will come as a Muppets Tonight character. Hasn't Bean Bunny appeared in MT? O yes he has, kicked out by Sal. And he appearded in MCC. I would like to have him as an action figure. I love the small guys.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
observation about Scooter the usher...

Just wanted to throw in a quick observation about Scooter the usher.
I think it's pretty neat that they're making a figure of Scooter in this role, especially since he's played the role at least 3 times!!!
When I saw that Usher Scooter was next on the line-up, I just started thinking about this and I'm surprised I never really noticed it before.

Everyone keeps referring to Usher Scooter as being from The Muppets Take Manahattan movie, and he most certainly had the most prominent role as an usher in that movie. It's kind of funny though, because Scooter was an usher in The Muppet Movie. Right at the start of the movie, he's the one giving out fresh hot popcorn. In The Great Muppet Caper, he also starts selling popcorn during the fight scene at the Mallory Gallery, when the Muppets are tossing the baseball diamond around. And then, of course, he had his memorable role as the usher at a movie theater in The Muppets Take Manhattan. I can't think of him doing this role in any other movies or specials, but I just thought that was kind of funny and interesting to note.