Palisades Series 8 Revealed!

What do you think of Palisades Series 8?

• It's awesome! I will get them all.

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • It's great. I will buy most of series 8, but not all.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 8.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I'm running out of space too. Even if the tentpole isn't very strong, these should all be good figures.

No character pack-ins? What do you call MUPPAPHONES?!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ken just announced that the Ghost of Samuel Arrow is the MTI convention variant...

For some time we have talked about an exclusive upcoming for the Wizard World Long Beach convention next year in March. Say hello to The Ghost of Sam Arrow. In Muppet Treasure Island, Sam is presumed dead and then makes a return. To fool the bad guys he gets covered in flour and seaweed and proceeds to masquerade as his own ghost!

This will be available in March, and like other con exclusives will also be available through the Collectors Club!
http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/October03/GhostofSam.jpg

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
I'm running out of space too. Even if the tentpole isn't very strong, these should all be good figures.

No character pack-ins? What do you call MUPPAPHONES?!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Thanks for that. LOL! There weren't any character pack-ins in serise two unless you count the rubber chicken and none in three unless you count the fish. They don't need to be in every series. They are like a perk.

Muppephones are like 6 pack ins. There will be alternate colors and probably different facial expressions. They definately count more than Lew's fish.

Series 6 has the talking tomatoes, carrot and avacado. Those are certainly pack-ins. They can't throw in a Polly-sized figure in every wave. :rolleyes:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Thanks for that. LOL! There weren't any character pack-ins in serise two unless you count the rubber chicken and none in three unless you count the fish. They don't need to be in every series. They are like a perk.

Muppephones are like 6 pack ins. There will be alternate colors and probably different facial expressions. They definately count more than Lew's fish.

Series 6 has the talking tomatoes, carrot and avacado. Those are certainly pack-ins. They can't throw in a Polly-sized figure in every wave. :rolleyes:
Well I think Rowlf's beetoven bust kinda counts as a pack in for series three too.

Zach,

jediX

Reaction score
Plus there's the Chef exclusive w/ the lobster banditos.

I'm w/ you, Beaker. Digit is WAY cooler than a Scooter w/ a cart or Sam w/ vines all over him... If they want to make recostumed characters why not do the Muppet Caper Zoot? At least that character has demand.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Both Usher Scooter and Ghost Sam have been the darlings of figure discussion for over a year now. They have topped many fan lists. There *always* has to be a balance between releasing old and new characters and the big guns will be represented every year. This is our Scooter representation. One of his rather popular outfits too. :attitude:

Ghost Sam Arrow is not one of my favorite concepts, but it is a strong one that has been the topic of discussion forever. Usher will have a better likeness and smaller proportions. I have a feeling he will look incredible. :wink: :wink:

Don't count Digit out just yet. Ken just mentioned there would be a possibility that he (and other previously unlikely characters) could be included in the mix somewhere down the line. He's not even as well-known as Suggs, but has a dymanimc look that is intriguing.

Can we get a Digit in 2005 campaign going? :smile:

Gonzo

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Can we get a Digit in 2005 campaign going? :smile:
Right after my Muppet Babies 3-packs in 2005 campaign succeeds.

I didn't even know I was running!

Luke

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Ghost Sam Arrow is not one of my favorite concepts, but it is a strong one that has been the topic of discussion forever. Usher will have a better likeness and smaller proportions. I have a feeling he will look incredible. :wink: :wink:
After all my recent Palisades admiration i'd say I think that GOSA picture looks less than impressive. It's just MTI Sam with dull paint and sea-weed on his head The glow in the dark looked better - what's the point in this ?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Luke said:
After all my recent Palisades admiration i'd say I think that GOSA picture looks less than impressive. It's just MTI Sam with dull paint and sea-weed on his head The glow in the dark looked better - what's the point in this ?
Well it is just a Collectors Club/Con exclusive and maybe Palisades might be low on the budget, He is an Idea people were talking about, I think he's nice but i would have rather seen something diffrent, but i think TMTM Scooter will be great! I really don't think Palisades should do a TGMC Zoot, but I would like to see a TMTM Dr.teeth, that way we'd get a new sculpt of him plus he could count as a repaint to the people who could not get the rare first one to match with the rest of the EM repaints.

I think after TMTM Scooter a tux Scooter should be the last but I'd also like a Simon Smith Scooter!