Palisades Series 8 Revealed!

What do you think of Palisades Series 8?

• It's awesome! I will get them all.

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • It's great. I will buy most of series 8, but not all.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 8.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luke

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
Who voted for none? Show yourself!
Wasn't me ! I see the wave as very strong in a certain way - they are all going to be very visually appealing characters this wave, and Scooters theme will increase his strength as a character to sit alongside Sam, the accessories will give him masses of cross over appeal. Yes, there do seem to be two obscures but they are both very appealing as far as obscures go and Marvin will apeal to the traditional fans while Phil is more for the 90's era fan - plus the Phil sculpt is awesome in itself and the accessories should be pretty funky.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Here's the last message board where I haven't posted this yet.

our pal Ken said:
One figure has a book. That's Sam. A Standards and Practices Book.

One figure has a single accessory only. That's Usher Scooter. A scaled Popcorn Popper on a cart with wheels.

One figure has 9 separate accessories. That's Marvin Suggs. 6 Muppephones, the wall they perch on and two mallets.

One figure has a magnetic feature IN the accessories but not in the figure itself. That's Sam. His lectern has a Seal of Sam the Eagle that is magnetic. It will come off and can be stuck anywhere!

One figure has ball jointed elbows. That's Marvin Suggs.

One figure has an accessory that you can put other accessories into. That's Phil Van Neuter. He has a working file cabinet.

One of the figures has a very large accessory, one that will be a challenge to fit inside the blister. Scooter's Popcorn Popper. Though it is not as hard as I thought. Worked it out and it fits like a glove.

One figure has an accessory that we are trying to work an interesting mechanism into. Scooter again. We were trying to figure out if we can make a mechanism that would make the corn "jump". But after Kim and I got to go see one of these tings live we discovered they pop in the top bucket and so it didn't make sense so we abandoned the idea.

One figure will cause a major discussion on the board when people find out what he will NOT have packed with him. Sam the Eagle. No American Flag.

One figure would fit in nicely to an existing Playset display even though he wasn't really associated with that Playset. Dr. Van Neuter. Will look better in the darker Labs set than Bunsen and Beaker will!

Series 8 Accessories have been decided upon and begun. All four figures have a fairly decent sized accessory piece in them that has a connection to the figure and helps to create an environmental "aspect" to the display. Not always as large as Newsman or Koozebane environments, but each figure has a medium to large "set-piece" accessory that they cannot hold but that they interact with. I think we covered it, but to recap. Sam has a lectern, Phil a file cabinet (2 drawer), Marvin the Muppephones and Scooter the Popcorn Cart.

There is a comic-con exclusive planned as an MTI variant for around S8. Gonna show this in a week or less.

rexcrk

Reaction score
This line looks pretty good! Although, I'm not really "close" to any of the characters (to young to be a die-hard Muppet Show fan, and I never saw Muppets Tonight) Sam the Eagle is my second favorite Muppet, so I'm definitley getting him, and maybe the others as well :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I said it in 2001, I will say it again, for the sheer kick butt sculpt factor Palisades needs to do Digit. Anyone who remembers the Jim Henson Hour knows that is like the coolest looking Muppet ever.

Btw, another Sam so soon? Well its good to have Phil van Nueter, that guy is such a trip. Marvin Suggs, a bit flamboyant for my tastes, but its good they are pumping out the obscurities. Nothing can beat series 5 IMHO.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So soon? These aren't hitting shelves until May or June. That's a full year after Sam Arrow. :attitude:

Fozzie

Reaction score
I voted that I will buy them all even though I don't really love them other than Marvin Suggs. Although Naked Sam will be cool I am happy with MTI Sam for now. But I will probably change my mind when they come out. I always end up wanting them after I see painted photos of the figures

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey series 8 will be here before ya know it, They could have done either reg Rowlf or reg Sam I think both would fit well, I like Rowlf more but I also love Sam, givin the choice i would have done Rowlf cause it's been a longer wait and there is a reg Sam PVC too, but that doesn't mean anything. We have already seen the Reg Rowlf sculpt so I though we'd have him first.

I can't wait! But i know it will come soon enough!

I had a funny thought that Scooter would come with a large popcorn thing and I'm SOOOOOOOO happy!!! Hey seeing if he does NOT come with 3D glasses, I know a new action figure that came out a little while ago who does! Should be an ok size i think. Hmmm....

The Phil sculpt takes the cake!! yes!

Zach,

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I can't believe that one member is passing on standard Sam. It takes all kinds I guess. I have a feeling that these will fly off the shelves once the images are shown. .

It's not me is it? I want the classic Sam more than anything, but the top 2 for me are Marvin and Phil. I love them all, but I tend to buy the characters I don't have yet first. So far, I have every regular (nonexclusive) characeter, even series 1 Piggy (my least favorite of the line)

The only charachers that would be made I'd pass on would be Andy, Randy, ... uh... any new MT pigs, and Annie Sue.... and possibly Benjaminna Gunn...

All and all, not as strong as series 7 for me, but still a great line up.

beaker

Reaction score
I unfortunately am going to have to put a moratorium on Palisades muppet figure line for the moment...its not a money issue, its a SPACE ISSUE! Ive been a good little Muppet fan, and have every single Muppet figure and playset since june 2002...but dang they are big and heavy! I used to get flamed for saying I like 4" figures better, but its so true(Fisher Price, Jack in the Box, Palisades character packins, mini Muppets)

I hope they continue with the mini Muppet series, as thats so more my sized cup of tea.

As for series 8, hmmm. For me there have been some ho hum series, like series 3 and series 6. By ho hum I mean not quite off the charts. Then again can anything top series 5?

One thing Im very disappointd with, series 6 and series 8 HAS NO CHARACTER PACKINS!!! Whats up with that? Grrrr >__<;;