"Edgy" New Muppet Show: What happened?

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
It's causing a lot of great shows to be canceled, or ratings end up dropping drastically. For a while, I thought Scrubs had been totally canceled.
Yeah, NBC did a HORRIBLE job of letting viewers know Scrubs was moving. It makes the show seem unimportant to the network--but they'll need it next year after Friends and Frasier are finished up. When these shows move around, they can't build a core audience to sustain it once the quality drops off. Look at Friends--most would agree the quality of the episodes is not at the same level as a few years ago, but viewership remains high becuase people have become devoted to the characters. It's become a habit.

The Muppets aren't "hot" enough yet to merit a weekly show. Super Scooter is right--the TV movies are their best option right now. They need to put out one or two killer movies to get the less hardcore fans (and the media) fired up again. In between, the commercials and TV appearances can keep them in the public eye. The last thing JHC needs right now is a rushed TV show to bomb due to poor ratings.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe the Muppets would last taking over either Friends or Frasier's old spot. :smile:

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Hmm. Maybe the Muppets would last taking over either Friends or Frasier's old spot. :smile:
Dunno...both Friends and Frasier had good time-slots programming wise....crucial time-slots, and as in the prior post, I don't think it would be wise to bump the Muppets into a Friends/Frasier time-slot, as was said...they need time to settle in before going for the gusto like that, although I would love to see them have the same appeal they had ten-or-twenty years ago...either way, it's gonna take time. Here's hopin they get on top again!

>Adam

Struble

Reaction score
Okay. Call me stupid, but I have a question. Wasn't the original Muppet Show a syndicated show? Wasn't it not alligned with any specific network?

Maybe that's the problem with getting the show off the ground, all these "strategic partnerships."

I dunno. Just something that popped into my head after being gone from the board for 20 years.

Struble

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
They show most of those shows on Nick now. I don't see that much of Animaniacs but I know they come on Cartoon Network (I think) I watched Tiny Toons alot on Nick when Nick started showing them. I never got to see Animaniacs until CN showed them. Then Pinky and the Brain started showing on Nick as well. I wouldn't know about the Old format of the "WB" but since all theses other shows have took the place of the good old cartoons its just not the same.
Tiny Toons is on Nick, and Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain (as well as the classic Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, might I add) are on digital cable's Nicktoons TV.

towels

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Tiny Toons is on Nick, and Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain (as well as the classic Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, might I add) are on digital cable's Nicktoons TV.
You can find the Animaniacs movie "Wakko's Wish" in the rotation on Cartoon Network.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
So what's up with the new FOX show?

Yup.It's been said that a new Muppet Show is being developed for FOX.But does anyone know when it's going to debut? :confused: