"Edgy" New Muppet Show: What happened?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
humm well we will just have to see what the deal is if they get partnership with disny or viacom. :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Until I read official news that a show has been taped or is currently tapin I refuse to get my hopes up. I did that way back when the FOX thing was annouced.

On another kind of related note. Has anyone noticed that there are a lot more figures coming from Palisades during the second hald a 2004? A lot of mini muppets (2 different series at the same time), a Mega planned before Gonzo is even out, multiple Rowlfs and Kermits, 2 playsets released really close together, ect. Anyone else think that maybe Henson told liceners something like they did before, or is this just the normal amount of figures looking like a lot?

skeeter513

Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha!!

Drtooth said:
Of course Fox would pull out, since the Muppets don't fit into the bird crap like programming that they are famous for.

Seriosuly, I never was holding out for a Fox show at all, mainly because Fox isn't such a great network period. I mean, we have Joe Millionaire/ Temptation Island/ American Idol/ God please shoot me type shows, plus sitcoms that never last more than 5 episodes. We were putting our faith in a network that cancelled Futurama because they couln't find a spot for it (dispite all the openings after 90% of their programming failed) and also canned Ally McBeal because of a slight ratings drop, then replaced it with a similar show that bombed horribly. I mean, would anyone really care if those reality TV show sequals went away? How about the overly melodramatic Boston Public? And don't forget the lame drama/action shows (besides 24! that's a good show, but I don't watch it!)
Just catching up on some old posts and I found this and it's great!!! I work for a local FOX affiliate and have some knowlegde of how to program a network and you're 100% right! FOX gets themselves into situations where they create rating suicide for their own shows. Many disappear from the line-ups and the website with out any acknowledgement that they even existed.

So, on one hand I was very sad to not see a new Muppet Show for the fall line-up, but at the same time I'm glad it wasn't there because they don't know how to program a line-up that works right now. It may have suffered the same fate as Futurama, Greg the Bunny, and Family Guy (although this one may come back in 2005).

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I never trust that may come back stuff *still mad at WB for putting Animaniacs on a VERY LONG 1 year hiatus*

Super Scooter

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I never trust that may come back stuff *still mad at WB for putting Animaniacs on a VERY LONG 1 year hiatus*
The WB's cartoon lineup sucks now. I miss the days of Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Pinky and the Brain... even Hysteria.

hdofu

Reaction score
Persoanllly I'm amazed that The tick even made half a season, that show was a rumor forever as well.

count_that_bear

Reaction score
New Muppet show

Awoohoooo i think the idea of a new muppet show is brilliant. as i was born in 87 i never had the chance to watch the muppet show when it was originally aired and i think this will be great for the millions of younger muppet fans out there just like me! It will also give the Henson company the boost it needs to take back the spotlight that it so rightly deserves!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm not entirely certain a new Muppet show would hold up right now. Look at what the networks are doing: NBC, ABC, and FOX have all re-arranged their schedules so many times you could get a headache. It's causing a lot of great shows to be canceled, or ratings end up dropping drastically. For a while, I thought Scrubs had been totally canceled. The only station that hasn't really done that too much (other than cable stations) is CBS. They did it once, and I think they realized their mistake.

I'm not certain the Muppets could hold up to the reshuffling. For now, I'd say stick to the TV movies, and when people begin accepting them through those again, re-introduce them to a television series.

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
With today's garbage that passes for 'programming' ('Simple Life' and all those hokey reality shows, anyone?), I doubt a Muppet Show would last very long. =(
Which is a complete shame, IMO. T_T;

Erine81981

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
The WB's cartoon lineup sucks now. I miss the days of Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Pinky and the Brain... even Hysteria.

They show most of those shows on Nick now. I don't see that much of Animaniacs but I know they come on Cartoon Network (I think) I watched Tiny Toons alot on Nick when Nick started showing them. I never got to see Animaniacs until CN showed them. Then Pinky and the Brain started showing on Nick as well. I wouldn't know about the Old format of the "WB" but since all theses other shows have took the place of the good old cartoons its just not the same.