When does Sesame Street come on on your station?

Drtooth

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Well, we get 4 different PBS stations here in my town, so here's the list:

WGBH 2
M-F 6am, 10am
Sa 6am

WENH 11
M-F 9am

WSBE 36
M-F 7:30am

WGBX 44
M-F 9am

Oddly enough, it comes in opposite Jerry Springer... well... that boils my blood... think of a kid who accidentally changes the channel...

"today's episode is brought to you today by S&M!" :grouchy: :boo:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
gbrobeck said:
SS comes on WETP channel 2 (2 on cable and off-air as well) here too!

Greg
Sounds like might be living in my same county. :smile: Have you noticed how WETP has been playing this seasons episodes out of order?

ssetta

Reaction score
That's a national thing. All of my stations are doing that, too. Also, the 2 major ones, 'GBH 2 and NHPTV, are now doing pledge. But the way it usually works is, the 10 am show on WGBH 2 is the current show that airs nationally that day, and all the other airings are a day behind. But this week, I noticed that they're all the same. It must be for pledge. Also, one day this week at 6 am on channel 2, I saw an episode from Season 33!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ssetta said:
That's a national thing. All of my stations are doing that, too. Also, the 2 major ones, 'GBH 2 and NHPTV, are now doing pledge. But the way it usually works is, the 10 am show on WGBH 2 is the current show that airs nationally that day, and all the other airings are a day behind. But this week, I noticed that they're all the same. It must be for pledge. Also, one day this week at 6 am on channel 2, I saw an episode from Season 33!
Yeah, my station does that with the pledges too. When season 31 was on air, my station played the WASA saga during the pledge week.

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually do remember that. That was not for pledge week, that's because there was such a big gap between Season 30 and Season 31, they thought they would air those, since it cost a lot of money to produce them.

Anyway, your PBS station, WETP, I believe is very small. One of ours is very similar, Rhode Island PBS, or WSBE 36. They never do pledge around children's programming. It's a tiny little station, and they have an awful lot of technical difficulties. At the beginning of the show, you can often see the lines from the tape starting, and the first second is usually cut off. Also, the "PBS Kids" logo at the end usually cuts before the word "kids."

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure about during the rest of the year (they're airing season 14 shows now on weekdays), but on holidays they even air original unedited prints from the 80s and 90s of Reading Rainbow. They are fairly small, but there are many stations that are a lot smaller.

Greg

Dantecat

Reaction score
Here's Mine

WHYY(Channel 12)
M-F 6:30am
Saturday 7:00am(Sometimes Not Every Saturday Like They Used To)

NJN(Channel 23)
M-F 9:30am

Lehigh Valley/WLVT(Channel 39)
M-F 8:00am,3:00pm
Saturday 8:00am
Sunday 8:00am

What do you think of my PBS staions?

ssetta

Reaction score
Wow, it's amazing that WLVT still airs SS in the afternoon. Very few PBS stations do nowadays. They must be a really small PBS station. The smaller PBS stations seem to air it more often than the bigger ones do.

Xerus

Reaction score
In my homestate of Virginia. SS comes on weekdays at 8:30 AM on WHRO channel 15.

Zondra

Reaction score
WGTE Toledo- 11 AM M-F

WBGU Bowling Green (My college's station!)- 4 PM M-F