When does Sesame Street come on on your station?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

on my PBS WXXI "Seame Street" is shown M-F @ 10am and on Saturdays at 7am :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I have one constant in my life, Channel 13, WNET, New York/Newark, that ran Sesame Street from 1969 all the way up to 1986 at 9:00 am. During the summer and winter months, they would alternate the afternoon slot anywhere from 3:00 to as late as 6:00, and in the early 70's virtually all of Saturday would be filled with episodes of Sesame Street/Mr.Rogers/Electric Company/Zoom from 7:00 am until 9:00 pm! it was a PBS orgy!!!

Now Channel 13 airs Sesame at 7:00 am Monday thru Friday. I'd watch the Unpaved moments from last season before the opening credits, then get in my car for my commute. Even though a lot of clips I've seen billions of times, it's still nice they pay lip service to the good ol'days (Man, am i ready for a rocking chair or what?) :sleep:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
well looking through an old 1974 Chicago Trubune magazine and WTTW did show children's programming up till 7 PM every weeknight but WNET showing kids show till 9 PM is something.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I thought I'd start this to see what different times Sesame Street came on around the country. I'll start, here's how we'll do it...

Time Zone
Eastern

Station Name
WETP TV (East Tennessee Public TV)2/WKOP TV 15 (their the same, only 2 on cable, 15 on non-cable TV)

Times
Monday-Friday: 11:00 AM/3:30 PM (encore)
Sunday: 8:00 AM

So, when does it come on on your station?
I get it on WVIA-TV 44, it comes on at 8am. Then the ep they play is repeated the following day at 1pm. For example, if an ep aired on a Monday at 8am, it would be repeated on Tuesday at 1pm.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How are they airing the episodes right now on your stations? Ever since this new PBS Kids GO! thing, episodes of all children shows have been reran out of order. Here's how's Sesame Street is rerunning right now on ETP-TV:

An alternation between reruns of season 34 (hallelujia!), and the first 10 episodes of season 36. One day it may be 36, then the next day 34, then the next 36, like that.