Oz Casting News

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The only bad thing about online books is that you can't see John R Neill's or WW Denslow's illustrations to go along with the story! Please read these stories wherever you can, though, because they are awesome stories!

Luke

Reaction score
JohnFranklin said:
this is all so funny because there isn't even a script yet.
They got a deal with ABC just on the treatment or isn't the deal solid yet? I thought 'Secret Squirrel' said it was and Palisades have been all geared up to make figures. Anyway fan speculation maybe but it's all good. I hate the idea of this movie though - its got an air of Swamp Years about it, i doubt appealing to family audiences on a more kiddie orientated level is gonna do the business for them. I preferred the VMC style because I could see that appealing to the kind of audience they'd want for a weekly TV show.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I preferred VMC also, because it's the Muppets being the Muppets at the Muppet Theater.

I like stuff about The Muppets anyways because I'm a geek, but I'm tired of Muppet Parodies (even though this'll really only be the third one), but I want to see it done as though they're in the Muppet Theater performing the show, y'know?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Luke said:
I preferred the VMC style because I could see that appealing to the kind of audience they'd want for a weekly TV show.
i thought that's what the henson company was trying to do with the muppets for the past few years now. i'm confused on where they want to take the muppets. either the kiddie road or the regular audience road...

ryan

GPrime1

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
i thought that's what the henson company was trying to do with the muppets for the past few years now. i'm confused on where they want to take the muppets. either the kiddie road or the regular audience road...

ryan

I found that to be the problem with Muppets Tonight as well. They often did not seem like they knew what kind of direction they wanted to take.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I still say they need to look at their history and see what it was that made the Muppets famous to begin with and start updating THAT retrospect and travelling down the same road. Their current direction is going on a winding road next to a deep chasm!!

Really, they only need to just listen to us here! LOL!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Really, they only need to just listen to us here! LOL!
Yeah, but listen to WHO? (WHOM)

One Muppet fan wants one thing, another wants something completely different. And I don't think very many people want what I want. I hope not, for society's sake. :mad: :embarrassed:

But yeah...they need to get away from Muppets trying to be "hip" and go back to them being a little bit more misfitty...

More oatmeal tapdancing! Less "yo, yo, yo, give it up!"

Yeeesh.

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
If the obscure Muppets would co-star in "The Muppet Wizard of Oz", it would not be that bad:

Aretha
Skenfrith
Brool the Minstrel
Murray the Minstrel
Wander McMooch
Sprocket
Fluffinella
Mudwell the Mudbunny
Blustering Bellowpane Monster
The Beast
Inkspots
Gorg Birds
Flower-Eating Monster
Luncheon Counter Monster
Beautiful Day Monster
Boppity
Green Hunchback Frackle
Pink Boppity
Green Boppity
Dark Green Hunchback Frackle
Gloat
Purple Frackle
Droop
Lenny the Lizard
Shakey Sanchez
Ohboy Bird (the blue one)
Youknow Bird (the pink one)
Righton Bird (the other pink one)
Ohreally Bird (the orange one)
Whaddayasay Bird (the red one)
Forcryingoutloud Bird (the green one)
Winny the Bird
The Koozebanian Phoob
The Four Fazoobs
The Wolf
Various Animals of "Jim Henson's Animal Show"
Various Whatnot Muppets
Various Talking Food
Various Talking Flowers
Various Cows
Various Chickens
Various Horses
Various Sheep
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but most of those puppets don't even exist anymore. The foam breaks down over the years, and they become what is known in puppet terms as "toast".
-Artie