Oz Casting News

muppetsforever

Reaction score
MuppetVision said:
Rowlf would be cool.

I hope Dr. Teeth is in this movie somewhere. HE's my favorite Muppet. They could make Dr. Teeth the Munchkin Mayor! And have Animal or Rizzo as a flying Monkey. I hope Sweetums makes the movie too. Sweetums could be the head of those things....the Witch's men. I forgot there names.

I think Dr. Teeth would be wonderful as the wizzard! :big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like the Dr. Teeth idea. John Kennedy could carry the role well. It would feature Dr. Teeth in a unique way with a lot of dialogue throughout the movie. It would also be kind of Muppety if he appeared earlier in the film too as a different character or himself. Kind of a Muppet twist. Statler and Waldorf would be a unique twist too if they were causing trouble for all of the characters.

Erine81981

Reaction score
You know that would be cool idea for Dr. Teeth. Why not? I like the idea for him being himself as in the Narrator and then at the last part we would see him as the Wizard. Hows that for a Dr. Teeth twist. I would also think what about some songs from the EMB from time to time. U know like say Kermit aka Scarecrow is getting down from the thing he hangs on and says I don't have a brain. Then "The EMB comes in telling Kermit it will be ok. He'll get one soon. Just fellow the "Yellow Brick Road" Hows that for a song from the EMB?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see Statler and Waldorf being flying Monkeys for some reason... the could be those trees that throw apples, though...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
But in the story the trees throw apples at Dorothy and Scarecrow; not rotten tomatoes at a Cowardly Lion! HA! :embarrassed:

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Oh, who're we kidding? The Wizard will be some b-list actor like French Stewart.

:cool:

Whatever

Reaction score
I really like these ideas! Dr. Teeth as the Wizard! Statler and Waldorf as Flying Monkeys! Too bad Prairie Dawn can't be Dorothy, but then again, she might be a little annoying after awhile. I guess it's REALLY too bad there are so few female Muppets who could be Dorothy. Imagine Grungetta as Dorothy for a minute... that's funny!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That's one of the things that aggrivate me about JHC films, they do choose cameos nowadays of folks who are CURRENTLY popular, which dates the films. Bob Hope will always be famous, and so it works for him to be in TMM, and it's timeless! Hulk Hogan and his "Hoganites" in MFS is blah!

They should consider the writing, cameos, and placements in films better.