The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

pheonix

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
Lots of good ones, but for me, it's the Muppets reading the letters kids sent to Kermit after Jim died (The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson). Nothing sadder than that.
Same!! Especially when they sang 'If just one person' It made me cry for ages!!!!! :cry:

whatadoddle

Reaction score
The Muppets are more than Puppets!

Sounds like your roots are in the world of the muppets what a legacy, Jim!

pheonix

Reaction score
Just thought of another teary moment! In Muppets christmas carol when tiny tim is supposedly dead and they play the sad music. The way the puppeteers contort their arms to droop the characters really brings the mood of the scene out. It's not as teary as other moments but it was the only other one i could remember! :cry:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
This will make you cry

Hey here is a moment, you are 28, and the woman who is supposed to be the love of your life tells you that your marrage has slowely been crumbeling appart, she has had a crush on a guy at work,and that you seriously need to grow up. She has had enough of your dreams, and your sculptures, and your puppets, and she looks you dead in the eye and says she does nto love you anymore.

How is that for a tear jerking moment. :eek:

MeepEeep

Reaction score
Boy howdy, is that ever depressing. I don't mean to sound like I'm showing lack of sympathy. It's just I deal with things more by, wanting to kick the butt of the person who dumped him. Rather than just sit by idley and cry.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Thanks

MeepEeep said:
Boy howdy, is that ever depressing. I don't mean to sound like I'm showing lack of sympathy. It's just I deal with things more by, wanting to kick the butt of the person who dumped him. Rather than just sit by idley and cry.
I realize that this is not the time or place for this, unfortunatley this is a big part of my life right now. I am thank ful for the support and go through a range of emotions day to day, hour by hour. To day is a good day so I am angry and strong.

What I really need right now are some friends out here int he Denver CO region. All of my friends I made through my wife, and well lets face it if you had to pick sides who do you think they are going to remain friends with. So if there are any guys out there or girls who want to hang and talk shop that would be great.

scarecrow34@hotmail.com
:attitude:

unclematt

Reaction score
I got to tell you guys I am sitting here reading all these tear jerking Muppet moments and then Saying Goodbye came on the MuppetCentral Radio. I lost is ad am starting to cry again as I type this. :cry:

I would just like to share when I found out we lost Jim Henson. I came home with my mom and my grandma told me that Sammy Davis Jr. and that Muppet guy had passed away. I was so upset with the fact that she didnt know his name that I went straight to my room and cried. I didnt come down for dinner and got in trouble the next day at school for not doing any of my homework. I was very upset and as I think back still am today.

Pumpkinhead

Reaction score
I haven't seen the Muppets Celebrate Jim henson. That gives me tears just thinking about it.

Tear jerking scenes:

The scene in "Follow That Bird" where Big Bird is leaving Sesame Street and everyone is staring at him leaving is just so sad I practically lose it every time I see that scene. Tanya comes to tell Bird goodbye... That music kicks in... and oh, every note is perfect. There's a moment where Oscar looks down and you can tell that he is very sad to see Big Bird leave.

When they get a letter from Big Bird "What's wrong with me?"

Also "One Little Star and "I'm so Blue". The score was so great in that movie. So many great moments in that film.

The Muppet Movie "Rainbow Connection".

In "Muppets take Manhattan" "Saying Godobye".

"Muppet Christmas Carol"... "It feels like Christmas!" "Bless us one and all!" and "The love is found!"

There are a ton of others.