The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I get a little choked up in the great muppet caper, during the scene with kermit and piggy in jail, just because no body but kermit could pull off a line like "I know you're still the same beautiful, sensitive, vulnerable woman I was out with the other night. The one that scarfed down all that caviar" and make it sound sincere.
I notice that my eyes are wet in Muppet Treasure Island at about... "Well done, Jim. Your father would be proud."
And I do actually cry during Rowlf's lines in "Saying Goodbye". Maybe I just imagine it, but to me it looks like he actually has tears in his eyes. Something with the shadows, maybe, I don't know. But it gets me, and the nearest teddy bear gets wet. :sympathy:

WeebleSue

Reaction score
I think I'm the only one who cried when....

...when Miss Piggy led an unknowing Kermit down the aisle to the real preacher rather than to Gonzo.

Makes me bawl every time. How could she DO that to my beloved Kermie???
:smile:

On a more serious note, from the first scene of the JH tribute, all along it, when Kermit doesn't speak (remember the broo-ha-ha about Jim's son voicing Kermit?), then at the end when he does.
Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
broo-ha-ha..???

WeebleSue said:
...when Miss Piggy led an unknowing Kermit down the aisle to the real preacher rather than to Gonzo.

Makes me bawl every time. How could she DO that to my beloved Kermie???
:smile:

On a more serious note, from the first scene of the JH tribute, all along it, when Kermit doesn't speak (remember the broo-ha-ha about Jim's son voicing Kermit?), then at the end when he does.
Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.
I never heard about the Broo-ha-ha and Jim's son....can some on explain this to me.
Thanks
scarecrow34@hotmail.com

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I remember a Muppet Show Clip with Staler and Waldorf singing "When I Was Seventeen" - it added a lot of dimension to there characters.
It Was a Very Good Year is the actual name of the song, if I remember right. At least that's what Frank Sinatra called it. :wink:

For me, the irony of that bit is striking. Statler and Waldorf are singing about the bygone days of their youth and being in the twilight of their lives, and they're being performed by the two men that the Muppet family would lose first. That's what really gets me about that scene.

-Kim

unclematt

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
It Was a Very Good Year is the actual name of the song, if I remember right. At least that's what Frank Sinatra called it. :wink:

For me, the irony of that bit is striking. Statler and Waldorf are singing about the bygone days of their youth and being in the twilight of their lives, and they're being performed by the two men that the Muppet family would lose first. That's what really gets me about that scene.

-Kim
Very good point Kim, I never thought of it that way but now that I am thinking about it I am tearing up.

That Announcer

Reaction score
My two favorites

1) "Couldn't We Ride"
2) "Bless Us All" (the best Muppet song ever!)

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
It probley been said a 1000 times but when they have to split up in TMTM i cry every time

That Announcer

Reaction score
Interesting story...

When I saw TMTM for the first time, I quite liked it up until Kermit left the table to talk to that waitress. Right when Animal said "We go bye-bye" I knew that the movie could not be salvaged no matter what was done with it. It turned into a mess, a junk heap that was a lot less wise than Marjorie, a parody of the Muppets. I ripped the disc from my player and threw it out of the window. I never thought about it again. Is it possible that the two Muppet films with the least Jerry Juhl participation- TMTM and MFS- sucked because of his not being there?

bigbird

Reaction score
Ernie and Oscar Skit

One touching skit I remember involved Ernie and Oscar in Ernie and Bert's home. (Bert was not in this one) All I remember was Ernie was going out of his mind because he could not find his rubber duckie and started crying. Oscar entered his home and was surprisingly sympathetic to Ernie for the way he felt. There was a piece that involved Oscar volunteering to buy him a "new" rubber duckie at Mr. Hooper's store after Ernie described it to Oscar as being "cute and adorable". Needless to say, the one he bought for Ernie turns out to be an ugly puppet like toy with a grouchy face and a growl when you squeezed his tummy instead of a squeak like one heard from rubber duckie. Ernie eventually found his rubber duckie and Oscar was wondering how Ernie can honestly say something like rubber duckie can be called cute and adorable. If anyone who reads remembers this skit and thinks I omitted something from it, please let me know. I would really love to see that clip again!!! :wink:

RowlfRulez

Reaction score
"Saying Goodbye" in the MTM. That pretty much always gets to me. The song itself and the scene with the muppets hugging goodbye. Also, Miss Piggy leaving on the train.