Fraggle DVD coming this summer in the US

Let HIT know how much would you would pay for a 24-episode Fraggle season box set.

• I'd pay up to $39 per box set

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • I'd pay up to $59 per box set

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • I'd pay $79 or higher for a box set

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • I wouldn't buy a box set at any price

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foodie

Reaction score
Oliver said:
The point being, is that any tests would prove futile regardless because HIT! is well aware of the demand for Fraggle Rock on DVD. If they weren't, they never would have picked up the licensing rights. Releasing a cheap 2-episode out of order barebones DVD will give absolutely no indication eitherway towards the preferrances nor perspectives of HIT!'s potential consumer base as it neither caters to Muppet fans, DVD enthusiasts, or even the casual consumer population who might've purchased this out of nostalgia or on a whim... at $12.99-16.99 and 50 minutes running time, whatever market tests HIT! hopes to achieve by releasing this "sampler" disc are already lost. There are much more effective and efficient ways of reaching the general public in order to determine what would prove prosperous in terms of a DVD release. This is just negligence.
Yes it does. HIT! only knows about the drooling fanboys' interest in fraggle DVDs. If they release a test disc, people who maybe FORGOT about Fraggle Rock might be all " Hey! I remember this! * buys * ". How you you know if this tactic will fail or not? You have no proof. It's definitely not negligence. The term " negligence " doesn't even apply here. You should be glad that there's a company interested in releasing these at all. Why can't you internet folk ever see the flippin' BRIGHT SIDE of things? Some one wants to make Fraggle Rock DVDs. THAT'S A GOOD THING. :smirk:

Nick

AndyL

Reaction score
wembleyfraggle said:
If HIT is reading your message the only thing i see hapening from it is HIT getting mad and not releasing FR on DVD at all.
Yea, I hear most corporations are run by toddlers that frequently throw temper tantrums over Internet forum posts.

Save us the speach and say to yourself "well instead of making everyone ****** im just going to not buy the DVD and keep it to myself!"
well, we certainly wouldn't want to make everyone ******!!! Personally I hate when someone makes me ******!
Worse yet is when someone uses an Internet forum to express an opinion I don't agree with! Instead of either agreeing or disagreeing or contributing to a discussion or debate, I like to post and tell them they shouldn't have posted it! That way people can tell how mature I am.

Warrick said:
Because the opinion you are putting out will not help with Fraggle DVD's.
An opinion alone will not help or hurt anything. You know that.

Anyway, these aren't the fraggle dvds most of us want.
For the past two or three years people here have been practically begging for a boxed set.
Out-Of-Order two-episode disks will make a boxed set less likely. Not more so. They are not at all likely to encode the same episodes onto different disks. So if the disks they manufacture are out of order then a sequential boxed set isn't going to happen.
We've been wanting for years, there's a petition with a ga-zillion signatures on it! Why should we compromise? Why settle for less than other countries have already gotten and be thankful for it?

Which means its the opinion that we dont want to hear.
That DVD boxed sets might not be in HIT's long term plans? Yes, I know. I don't want to hear that either. Looks that way though.

wembleyfraggle's letter from HIT said:
We will also pass your interest along concerning season sets to our Brand Team.
Cool. They didn't put that in my form letter. At least we know they're reading them. That's a good sign!

JediX said:
As I said, if this first one sells moderately well, seasons are probably imminent if they realize how high this demand is. Simpsons did it for a while on vhs, South Park has done it, Married... With Children released two 'best of' discs before releasing seasons, Spongebob has, several Anime shows have... I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment.
And "The Muppet Show"! ... no... wait.... that's not right.

AndyL

Reaction score
AndyL said:
...I like to post and tell them they shouldn't have posted it! That way people can tell how mature I am.
Then I use lot's of pointless sarcasm so people can really see how mature I am! :excited:

-Andy

Foodie

Reaction score
AndyL said:
Then I use lot's of pointless sarcasm so people can really see how mature I am! :excited:

-Andy

* giggles * :smirk:

Nick

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
2 episodes per DVD is insane!!!!!!!!!! It makes no sense. I can download every episode for nothing and the quality ain't half bad. I see no reason to buy this dvd at all.
It's only one DVD with two episodes on it, and nobody has even been able to indicate a REAL msrp for this item anyways. Except that there's a DVD with 2 episodes coming, everything in this thread is rumors.
---------------------------------------------

Gang,

I've only heard one complaint after another for years and years that there should be Fraggle Rock coming to DVD, and now that it's on the way I hear complaint after another that it's coming!!

People, seriously, is it that hard to be pleased? I shouldn't think so. The test market is our chance to buy the dvd's, show HIT that Fraggle Rock has a market, post here what we desire from them as far as DVDs, and hope for the best.

I WANT FRAGGLE ROCK ON DVD! I want to see it made season by season in chronological order with all the Fraggle-y goodness and extras that they can find!

Look past the official 2 ep dvd for the test market and see the BIG PICTURE!! There's hope on the horizon, but all anybody is doing is bashing it. Think about, and post about, what you would like to see if the test market works and they DO produce full sets of DVDs regarding Fraggles.

C'mon! Where's the positive attitudes??

Rick-a rack-a brick-a brack-a sisk-boom-bah!
Fraggle Rock! Fraggle Rock! Rah rah rah!!

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
much love to the fraggles it will be alright we will wake up the next day with love for the Fraggles

Foodie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
It's only one DVD with two episodes on it, and nobody has even been able to indicate a REAL msrp for this item anyways. Except that there's a DVD with 2 episodes coming, everything in this thread is rumors.
---------------------------------------------

Gang,

I've only heard one complaint after another for years and years that there should be Fraggle Rock coming to DVD, and now that it's on the way I hear complaint after another that it's coming!!

People, seriously, is it that hard to be pleased? I shouldn't think so. The test market is our chance to buy the dvd's, show HIT that Fraggle Rock has a market, post here what we desire from them as far as DVDs, and hope for the best.

I WANT FRAGGLE ROCK ON DVD! I want to see it made season by season in chronological order with all the Fraggle-y goodness and extras that they can find!

Look past the official 2 ep dvd for the test market and see the BIG PICTURE!! There's hope on the horizon, but all anybody is doing is bashing it. Think about, and post about, what you would like to see if the test market works and they DO produce full sets of DVDs regarding Fraggles.

C'mon! Where's the positive attitudes??

Rick-a rack-a brick-a brack-a sisk-boom-bah!
Fraggle Rock! Fraggle Rock! Rah rah rah!!

Ah say AMEN! :smirk:

Nick

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
i just bought a 3 episode disc of Garfeild today (6/29) so that they know people want it on season disc later this year when it comes out

blackurth

Reaction score
hmmmm

now here's my thoughts on the first two episode disc,if this disc is going to help get a box set then by all means get it.BUT the thing I'm worried about is IF they start releasing vol2 and then vol3 and then vol4 and them vol5 all with two episodes each THEN deciding after these 5 releases they decide to release a box set,that would be a ripp off,now a vol1 and a vol2 is plenty enough to test the waters...

Status
Not open for further replies.