1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle DVD coming this summer in the US

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Jun 18, 2004.

?

Let HIT know how much would you would pay for a 24-episode Fraggle season box set.

Poll closed Sep 16, 2004.
  1. I'd pay up to $39 per box set

39 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. I'd pay up to $59 per box set

35 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. I'd pay $79 or higher for a box set

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  4. I wouldn't buy a box set at any price

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

So, it's gonna be at places other than Wal*Mart then? :smirk:

Nick
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Right now all we know *for sure* is that it will be at Wal-Mart and HIT's web site.
  3. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

4. Brian Damage

Brian Damage New Member

Minor Update: The inside of the box apparently says something like: "More Fraggle Rock coming to video and dvd fall 2004". It's a little hard to pin down...

Video too... interesting...
  5. Oliver

Oliver New Member

Wow, this is actually very promising news...

So now it would seem that we will be seeing 3 episodes and they will in fact be in production order!

I guess one shouldn't jump to conclusions afterall.. Not the ideal Fraggle DVD's we would have envisioned, but a far more positive package than the original 2 random episode concept we had earlier percieved!

I just have one question though... what the hel| is Pingu The Penguin??
  6. Oliver

Oliver New Member

I still don't understand why the UK got a 2-disc, 12 episode release with a bonus 45 min. documentary with Jim Henson on the show? I would really like to find out Hit's plans for future releases...
  7. anathema

anathema Active Member

Because the UK discs were released by Columbia Tristar, not HIT.
  8. Oliver

Oliver New Member

Oh, that would explain it than...

Does Columbia still hold distro rights solely in the UK and do you think that extra documentary footage was exclusive to Columbia and would have to be licensed out for use or would Hit have access to similair material here in the US?
  9. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

Fraggle DVD News

Recieved this toiday in my fraggle e-mail alert from tvshowsondvd.com:

We've gotten in e-mails from folks working at Wal-Mart SuperCenters around the country. They tell us that they are unpacking the new DVDs for this week, and Fraggle Rock - Where It All Began is among them!

We described this release to you here as a single-disc item with two episodes on it. But one of the people who wrote in, Phillip, informs us that it has a bit more than that:

It has 2 stories: "Beginings" & "Wembley and the Gorgs". Plus Bonus episodes: "Let the Water Run" & "Pingu Is Introduced", and it's only $9.64.

Chris, at the Wal-Mart location I shop at, verifies these episode names and and the price, and adds that the running time is shown as 80 minutes (including the bonus episodes). He tells me that this will be for sale tomorrow.

The episodes that end up on this DVD are the first three episodes of Fraggle Rock, plus the first episode of another Hit Entertainment kid-vid property, Pingu (the Penguin). Not bad for under $10!

I haven't seen the Fraggle Rock DVD listed for sale anywhere else yet, including at Hit Entertainments own site! So it looks like Wal-Mart's the place to be for Fraggle fans (and that's in-store; it's not listed at Wal-Mart's website yet, either). The reports I've gotten say that there are roughly 8 copies per store that received these, though that may vary by location. Check your local store for availability. And we'll let you know if we find out anything more, so stay tuned of course!
  10. Brian Damage

Brian Damage New Member

Is that a Philip R. Thomas? If it is, that's who the report I posted here before came from. Fella must've been contacting everyone he could.

I thought the other bonus was Pingu the Penguin...

Now to figure out a way to get it downunder...
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well... considering the Invader Zim and TMNT G1 DVD's fit a shocking 9 episodes on them, it all comes down to licensing and royalties...

As for Sprawl Mart... What the shell? Why cut the Home entertainment section.,.. that's just about it's only redeming value!

So... no fake... there IS a Fraggle DVD on the way? I've been waaaay out of the loop....
  12. Brian Damage

Brian Damage New Member

Pingu is a little, mischevious, and somewhat amorphous clay penguin who speaks his own little language and gets into trouble now and then...
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have seen Pingu DVD's for 5.99 in best buys and Walmarts... It's pretty cute... but I'm not a real fan... It's clay animated, if you are wondering....
  14. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

Does anyone have a scan of the cover yet?

I was originally put off by this being a 2 episode disc - but now that it's a 3 episode disc (in episode order no-less!) I may be inerested if I can get it for a good price somewhere (probably eBay).
  15. Oliver

Oliver New Member

So why exactly will there be an episode of a claymation penguin on this forthcoming Fraggle Rock DVD?
  16. anathema

anathema Active Member

Columbia's license with Henson expired at the end of last month IIRC.

The rights to "Down At Fraggle Rock" will remain with whichever company owns the programme - it's up to them who they choose to license it to.

Since it's already been mentioned that this disc will contain trailers for other HIT titles, it seems probable that the "Pingu" thing is a trailer - certainly there's no sense in putting an episode on the disc!
  17. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

If they're aiming this release at kids (which looks the case) it makes perfect sense to throw one episode of another show on as an extra. The kid is more likely to watch an episode of Pingu than a trailer and if he likes that episode he'll probably persuade his Mom to buy him a Pingu DVD the next time he's in Wal-Mart!
  18. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

Aww this sux only 8 videos per store.will they ship anymore in after wards i really wanna get my hands on one of these dvd's.I hope they save one for me tomorrow. :smirk:
  19. Brian Damage

Brian Damage New Member

I reckon eBay's my only hope...
  20. Oliver

Oliver New Member

So is this still considered a "test release" or is this what us Fraggle fans should expect from coming releases... zero marketing and promotion for excessively limited production runs and exclusive distribution rights with Wal-Mart in the U.S. for 3 episode bargain bin discs?

I really hope HIT! releases some sort of press statement in the coming weeks as to where they intend to take their newly aquired franchise...

I will likely be picking this up, but I have to say that so far I'm still not too impressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.