Fraggle DVD coming this summer in the US

Let HIT know how much would you would pay for a 24-episode Fraggle season box set.

• I'd pay up to $39 per box set

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • I'd pay up to $59 per box set

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • I'd pay $79 or higher for a box set

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • I wouldn't buy a box set at any price

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jediX

Reaction score
As I said, if this first one sells moderately well, seasons are probably imminent if they realize how high this demand is. Simpsons did it for a while on vhs, South Park has done it, Married... With Children released two 'best of' discs before releasing seasons, Spongebob has, several Anime shows have... I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I do agree with you two, though, on the fact that 2 for $15 is ridiculous. I mean, I had a problem paying $17 apiece for the 3-episode TMS discs when they first came out (which is why I held out until now to get the rest). The bottom line is that EVERYTHING Muppet-related is high-priced at the moment (excluding the movies, since those run about the same as other dvds).

TV dvd's are expensive enough as it is, but when each episode ends up costing about $7.50, they aren't going to sell a lot of copies if they don't go from singles to sets (seeing as most 22 minute-long episode, full season (22-25 episodes) sets equate to about $1.25 per episode or so).

Hopefully this series doesn't end up like the one in the mid 90's; having a handful of volumes at 2 episodes apiece (right? I don't feel like looking it up), only to end up discontinued 10 or so volumes in. At least the T/L TMS made it to 15... :smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's the same response that I had:

Thank you for contacting us. HIT Entertainment is pleased to announce the release of Fraggle Rock Where It All Began on VHS/DVD. You will be able to purchase this title at Wal-Mart at the end of July. You may also visit our webstore at the end of July to order directly from our company. www.hitstoreusa.com

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.

Kris
HIT Entertainment Consumer Relations
So, they have a base letter they're responding with.

However, it's still VERY important that we email and voice our desires. A company will take that into consideration if enough response is made to them!

WiGgY

Reaction score
2 episodes per DVD is insane!!!!!!!!!! It makes no sense. I can download every episode for nothing and the quality ain't half bad. I see no reason to buy this dvd at all.

Foodie

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
2 episodes per DVD is insane!!!!!!!!!! It makes no sense. I can download every episode for nothing and the quality ain't half bad. I see no reason to buy this dvd at all.

Yeah but you way is stealing isn't it? :smirk:

Nick

WiGgY

Reaction score
Foodie said:
Yeah but you way is stealing isn't it? :smirk:

Nick
No, what this company is doing with these dvds is stealing. Maybe when they realize no one wants a 2 episode dvd for 18 bucks they will learn their lesson and put out reasonably priced dvd sets.

Foodie

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
No, what this company is doing with these dvds is stealing. Maybe when they realize no one wants a 2 episode dvd for 18 bucks they will learn their lesson and put out reasonably priced dvd sets.
You do realize that this is just one DVD they're releasing to see how well it sells right?

Who said they'd be $18? The Muppet Show DVDs sell for less than that and they have at least 3 shows per disc.
:smirk:

Nick

WiGgY

Reaction score
It is likely that with tax and or shipping it will amont to about 18 dolars. And this is a pretty poor sales test if you ask me. 2 shows on a dvd is just not right.

SpaceDog

Reaction score
I'm happy to know that Fraggle Rock is coming to DVD at all. I loved the show when it was on HBO, and haven't seen a bit of it since.
I would be overjoyed if they would release full season sets. I'd really love to be able to take the complete series home and watch it again.
I'll support the initial release, but beyond that, I really want to see season sets released.

Oliver

Reaction score
The point being, is that any tests would prove futile regardless because HIT! is well aware of the demand for Fraggle Rock on DVD. If they weren't, they never would have picked up the licensing rights. Releasing a cheap 2-episode out of order barebones DVD will give absolutely no indication eitherway towards the preferrances nor perspectives of HIT!'s potential consumer base as it neither caters to Muppet fans, DVD enthusiasts, or even the casual consumer population who might've purchased this out of nostalgia or on a whim... at $12.99-16.99 and 50 minutes running time, whatever market tests HIT! hopes to achieve by releasing this "sampler" disc are already lost. There are much more effective and efficient ways of reaching the general public in order to determine what would prove prosperous in terms of a DVD release. This is just negligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.