Wembley and Boober arrive at Hot Topic

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
We were in Salt Lake visiting my grandme and unfortunately the local Hot Topic didn't have them. Hopefully, our local one will.

And I noticed that hottopic.com is selling a few SS shirts ... are these being sold in store as well, or are they just a website thing?

Avalon

Reaction score
A tip for those of you who, like me, don't want to get anywhere near a Hot Topic and also cannot find the latest dolls at Suncoast:

I picked up the Wembley and Boober dolls today at the Borders where I work in Dallas. We also had the Red and Gobo ones, but I decided to hold off. I dunno if this is a common occurance chain-wide, but it's worth a look if you can't find the dolls anywhere else.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Avalon said:
A tip for those of you who, like me, don't want to get anywhere near a Hot Topic and also cannot find the latest dolls at Suncoast:

I picked up the Wembley and Boober dolls today at the Borders where I work in Dallas. We also had the Red and Gobo ones, but I decided to hold off. I dunno if this is a common occurance chain-wide, but it's worth a look if you can't find the dolls anywhere else.
Whats wrong with Hot Topic? Are you affraid of the color black or people with more than one peircing? Its an alternitive lifestyle, you don't need to be apart of it, but don't put it down or be affraid of it! Im a normal clean cut light brown haired guy, I shop at hottopic (fun stuff), it doesn't mean im going to get possesed, nor will you for going into a store! If you go into an over sized clothing store you don't gain weight, if you walk in to a mothers to be store you wont get pregnant! Don't be affraid or put something down if you don't know about it!

Ty

Avalon

Reaction score
It's against my better judgement, but I'm going to respond to that...

I have nothing against Hot Topic or the people who shop there. I just don't want to shop there. There is nothing in that store, with the exception of these recently arrived Fraggle dolls, that I would ever consider purchasing. But not even the arrival of these dolls would cause me to wade through the sea of teenagers that I see in my local Hot Topic locations to get one.

Nothing personal to you or anyone who shops at this store. I just have no desire to shop there. Please don't go looking for connotations within a post that do not exist. Thank you. In fact, I'd be most grateful if the whole topic (which is rather off topic from original topic of the newly arrived dolls; I only responded to clarify the situation for you) is dropped.

Now, back to topic:

Wembley and Boober are current occupying spaces on each side of my monitor on my computer desk. :cool: It's curious how the eyes and hair on the Wembley doll makes him look much taller than the Boober doll.

Zondra

Reaction score
I actually work at Hot Topic now! LOL...fits me perfectly.

The coolest thing is, I get 40 percent off on the Fraggles (and everything else they might get in!)

Oh--and guess what? You know the band Boston?
They came into Hot Topic tonight when I was working!
They're playing tomorrow night here in Toledo...
It was crazy!

If there's any Boston fans out there, I just wanted to tell you!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Boston?! :eek:

As in "More Than a Feeling", Boston? That's so cool. My parents used to have their first album on 8-track (showing my age here) and I listened to it all the time.

I'm surprised that you recognized them. It's not like they're mainstream anymore. They could probably walk around the mall and not be noticed by one single person. Except you, I guess.

Did they buy anything at Hot Topic? I would have offered them a Fraggle plush, at 40% off of course.

Groovy.:sing:

Zondra

Reaction score
LOL...Yeah, the real thing "Boston". I drove by the ampitheatre where they're playing earlier, and all the radio stations' vans were there to cover the concert. I smiled to myself, "Heh...I already met 'em, and I didn't even have to pay."

The lead singer guy bought a black straightjacket, seriously! He told us he never wears that type of thing and that he wanted to freak out his bandmates etc...I wish I could be there to see him wear it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I finally got Boober a cople of weeks ago. He's the coolest one I've seen. I never had a thing for Boober except for Sidebottom. I hope they come out with him.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A Sidebottom custom wouldn't be too hard to do I would think...