Wembley and Boober arrive at Hot Topic

Skeeter Cool

Reaction score
The dolls look too cute. As though the company that makes them want the younger generation to think these are "Fraggle Babies" or something
like them

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
They are great! They are the Sababa plush toys arent they?

I wonder if they will be bringing any of the Sababa plushes into Australia. I know they had a few of the muppet ones at a bookstore called borders, now they only have animal and piggy left and piggys hair is all tangled and there still $30 each.
If you see these Fraggles somewhere in Sydney, please contact me as I would love to buy them. :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I sure will. For all info like that just be sure to go to the muppets downunder forum regularly.

When the site is back up and running a where to buy section will be there aswell as collectables section of whats available in Australia.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Skeeter Cool said:
The dolls look too cute. As though the company that makes them want the younger generation to think these are "Fraggle Babies" or something
like them
I agree with you. They've been "plush-isized" a bit too much here. I have the complete collection of Fraggle dolls from the Tomy company from the early 80s, and for the most part, I've found those to be the most faithful dolls made of the Fraggles. I say for the most part because the Tomy Wembley doll, cute though he was, didn't quite mirror his TV show counterpart in appearance. So actually, in defense of these new dolls, their Wembley seems to be relatively on the money. And their Boober looks pretty tight as well. But what's with their giving Gobo long-ish hair? Even in the first version of Gobo displayed in the earliest episodes of Fraggle Rock (before they gave him shorter hair, eye lids and a vest) his hair wasn't that long. I don't want to be nit picky, but that detail bugs me. Any way, to make a long story longer, I agree with you.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Aww, I so want a Wembley doll. So cute. ^-^

Thing is, I don't know if there's even a Hot Topic in my area. -breaks out a phone book-

Here's hoping that eventually they'll perhaps create a Cantus Fraggle doll. -crosses fingers- He's my favourite, right there alongside Wems.

~ Sylindebren

Wocka Wocka

Reaction score
I can't wait to get these - especailly Boober! Anyone know when the Swedish Chef and Janice plushes by Sababa will be arriving in stores? And will Hot Topic be carrying them, as well?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I'm tellin' ya, kids, nothing would but me in a world of satisfaction more than somebody putting out a line of Sam and Friends dolls. It's gonna be the Muppet's 50th next year, after all. And while I'm dreaming, I'd like the Electric Mayhem to perform at my next birthday party.

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
They'd better go through with the whole thing and release Mokey too.

I just grabbed Boober today and I'll get Wembley next week (still need to get the Doozers though). And I agree that these are very realistic-looking. The hair & fur especially. The hair actually looks like real Muppet hair.

Wembley's hair was a bit surprising though. His hair is two-tone streaked, which doesn't match up with the real thing. Perhaps he dyed his hair to blend into Hot Topic better?

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if there's a place on the net that sells the Sababa Wembley plush? I just checked eBay and Hot Topic's website but could only find the Red doll.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think Suncoast is carrying Fraggle dolls now, too. I saw the plush at Hot Topic downtown at Peabody Place and they look great. I didn't realize there were 3 different colors of hair in Wembley's head!