Favorite Oscar the Grouch Moments

ceecee

Reaction score
I like when he has "Grouchketeer" meetings. Those kids are just so cute, with their dirty faces and trash can lid hats.

I suppose :grouchy: wouldn't like me calling his Grouchketeers "cute."

Sorry :grouchy:

Klonoa

Reaction score
I've said this before on the board somewhere, but when I was little and Oscar would come on TV, I'd run and get a paper plate and put it on my head like a trash can lid.

--Klonoa
But my best friend who would watch Sesame Street with me, would run to the bathroom and get a towel to put around his neck every time Super Grover came on.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
sesamestreetmom said:

I remember how Oscar always called Bob "blue eyes" instead of Bob in the older episodes.
:grouchy:
I thought he called him "bright eyes." He also called Maria "skinny" and he called Big Bird "turkey."

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I thought he called him "bright eyes." He also called Maria "skinny" and he called Big Bird "turkey."

I'm pretty sure it was blue eyes........I could be wrong.....maybe he called him both! Anyone else know?????

Xerus

Reaction score
I liked when Oscar was singing about his favorite vacation spot, Swamp Mushy Muddy. With two witches singing in the background. The same witches who were with another witch in an old cooperation skit.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I think he used to call Gordon "Curly" too.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oscar was always a pleasure to see, both when he would get annoyed (or I should say GROUCHY) at things and when he would delight in something (like seeing 2 people argue) and do his vintage "heh heh heh" laugh. One time I tuned into SS around the late 80's or early 90's I saw a very neat clip of Siskel and Ebert talking with Oscar outside his trashcan. Oscar asked them what they do when they don't like a movie and they showed their famous thumbs down. Ebert gave an example of a movie he didn't like but Siskel liked it. So the two started arguing like they frequently did on their show back then. And Oscar is just delighting in the whole thing. (And I think the movie they were debating was a fictitioous movie, because Ebert mentioned Prince Charming and someone else as the star actors in the movie. He criticized their performances and Siskel says (in a hilarious annoyed tone), "I thought they were both terrific."
But my fave Oscar moment of all time has to be the skit with Grover where they take turns saying the letters of the alphabet and a word that goes with it. And Oscar's words are all negative (eg. D is for Disgusting!, S is for Sickening!). Very funny skit. Oscar is a great character (as is Grover, as is Cookie Monster, as is Ernie, as is Bert, as is Big Bird, as is Kermit, as is....)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
There's lots of great moments. In the happy world of Sesame Street, you've got to have an Oscar character for balance. And though he'd never admit it, deep down he really does care for everyone on Sesame Street, especially Big Bird. (Just watch "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" for proof of that!) I love the "I Love Trash" song, Oscar's opening Grouch Anthem in "Follow That Bird" and scenes with him and Bruno and some of the tender moments with Slimey. I also love his elephants. I always wanted to see the inside of Oscar's trash can and see how he could fit elephants and a swimming pool in there. :confused:
I also liked when Oscar and Telly would do the movie reviews. That was funny. And Oscar's other interactions with characters and showing up somewhere outside of his trash can. If I'm not mistaken, I think he sang with a lot of other Muppets in the "Do De Rubber Duck" song. That was cool. And Grouchketeer meetings were great. Hmm... Did they come before or after Birdketeer meetings? (I'm sure there's a storyline here somewhere.) :smile:

:grouchy: