Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I don't know...I think it is important for your toys to come out of the closet. Considering where you live...I think they'll be OK coming out of there...

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Ya gotta let the toys come out on their own, when they're ready and when they feel comfortable. Not every toy is ready for life outside of a closet right away.

beaker

Reaction score
hey all, oh yes...my misanthropic commentray even runs of the weekends.

colonel_ives: what the heck are you complaining about? dont you know collector's pay good money for variants? ^_^ if ya dont want em, send him my way.

I was stunned when i finally found beakie and the playset at toys r us. i thought i'd be the last one to get him. i tell ya, this thing is more rarer than kermit industry giveaway. what, did just one playset go to every few toys r us's? anyways, i was able to complete my nifty 'matrix' custom paint job to bunsen and beaker, scans of which coming soon.

the playset is quite interesting...almost looks more like something out of a mcfarlane set then muppets oddly enuff. or maybe even se7en? i liked the little things about it, the details. the little dabs of rustic yellow lue stains everywhere gives kind of a more industrial aged feel to it which is cool. unfortunately beaker seems to get stuck if you do the upside down in the furnace thing.

also...whats going on...it just came with the robot gorrilla head...what gives? wheres the rest of him?

finally, i decided to strap in my custom al roker figure i made
into the experiment table. reporting the weather can be a hap-hazardous job.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when somebody would comment. You will be happy to know that the 5 MOC figures that i have are on display on a shelf underneath the loose assortment who are surrounded by red tissue paper curtains. I know - i just got bored one day and thought "why not". There's no playset yet and they looked so sad against the black background. Think i'll go play with them now. LOL

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Oh dear, oh dear

Cory, unless you were making a joke I can infer that you didn't realize that the Muppet Labs Gorilla Detector (from the Avery Schreiber episode, also featured in The Muppet Revue) is just a head. There's no body to it, never was. That's why it's a Gorilla Detector, not a Robot Gorilla.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

beaker

Reaction score
rowlf sculpt

ok, what the heck are you guys talking about, about rowlf figure looking 'off' or top heavy? man, when i got that email attachment, i was quite impressed! very very awesome to finally see a full body sculpt of him! and that huge accessory, wow! almost a playset onto himself.

btw, question time: of the playsets coming out, which ones are old school tns era and which ones are total reinterpretations(ie: like beaker's lab)?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
About Rowlf

Actually the Rowlf sculpt is just as proportional as the rest of the series. We just don't usually see the whole puppet. He is also, like Fozzie Bear, a little baggy around the stomach when seen in most shots due to the type of puppet he is. He is more filled-out when seen in a full body shot. One that comes to mind is in GMC when he is parachuting. When you view this - keep in mind that his legs appear more stretched because of the harness, but this sculpt really is very close. Why hasn't anyone mentioned that Honeydew's legs look stumpy? Because they are not. This is the proportional world of the Muppets and doesn't always match the pictures in our minds.