Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
i think the thing is the line needs some bigger hitters (specifically the mid-waves which look to debut around the same time as the new Muppet show and thus renewed Muppety interest) so wheras a lot of people want Penguins and Frackles, they aren't exactly going to be 'players' in the new show.... much better to have characters who will be seen continously on screen and draw attention from new viewers as well as old. There are already plenty of obscures scheduled, so i think that would be the right kinda time to do people like Pepe, Bobo and Clifford, but also keep people like kermit, piggy, gonzo, fozzie, animal, and rizzo out there.

I think being the new kinda puppeteer stars at Henson (besides mainstays like Goelz and Whitmire) Baretta and Jacobsons characters are going to be getting mucho airtime so it would definitely be a good idea to look at who they will be doing in the new show. So basically what i am saying is that if there was ever a time to include the 'newer' characters in the line, it will be next Summer because they'll be all over the media.

Lastly i had a lil' question for Kenneth. Why the heck are Henson not promoting these figures ? Was promotion not part of the deal or is it just becasue the opportunity hasn't come up. They did VT's for the Nascar cars on QVC, when the 'Muppet Book Of Crafts' came out Gonzo went on an internet TV station and did a live Q&A interview about the book, i could name countless others. Isn't it about time Henson got in there and plugged these figures ???

Personally, i thought the idea of Muppets doing internet TV was excellent, but only a few people knew about the Gonzo 'Play TV' thing but it REALLY WORKED. Would it be possible for one of the characters to do a live 'in vision' web chat on the Palisades web site which could be publicised to action figure people too ? The format before was people (well, ok ME) ICQ'ing the host with questions which were then asked to Gonzo. I know Palisades isn't kitted out to do this but with their new facilities Henson might well be ! I know a TV appearance would obviously be a lot more beneficial sales and promotion wise though.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
AL

Yeah...what he said. I meant the eighties thing in a different way...Joe still has a line, Muppets has a presence...but Weird Al? Maybe if he gets a new reality TV show. "At Home With the Yankovich's" or something...
Ken,

AL is working on another CD and he used to have the short-lived "Werid AL Show". Maybe AL can be a guest on the new Muppet Show.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Count, I have no idea why that would make me 'impulsively explode' (not that it doesn't sound like fun right now:big_grin:).

I didn't really mean anything by the GIJoe crack. It's Ken's company (not literaly) and he can make whatever he wants.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Ken, you might want to re-think the idea of having a Newsman figure.

I mean Series 1 had so many problems. Broken glasses, missing feet, broken everything. You think you really want to risk that with the Newsman?

"Ken, I dropped a whole bunch of books on my Newsman figure. It broke. What should I do?"

:big_grin:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
"Ken, I dropped a whole bunch of books on my Newsman figure. It broke. What should I do?"

:big_grin:
(impersonating Ken) "Run strait into a wall. It'll help with my problem at least"

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Luke:
Lastly i had a lil' question for Kenneth. Why the heck are Henson not promoting these figures ? Was promotion not part of the deal or is it just becasue the opportunity hasn't come up. They did VT's for the Nascar cars on QVC, when the 'Muppet Book Of Crafts' came out Gonzo went on an internet TV station and did a live Q&A interview about the book, i could name countless others. Isn't it about time Henson got in there and plugged these figures ???

Sadly, we have been without a marketing person since our master got angry with the last marketing person and disintegrated him. So while we look for a new marketing guy, we miss the boat on a lot of would be opportunities.

Oh and I agree about carefully choosing those waves of about 6-10...critical choices will they be.

EmmyMik
Ken, you might want to re-think the idea of having a Newsman figure.
I mean Series 1 had so many problems. Broken glasses, missing feet, broken everything. You think you really want to risk that with the Newsman?

You are joking right? I think you are, but not sure. In any case...still gonna defend Series 1 (Have to...my nature). It really wasn't the breaking nightmare it has been purported to be. There were a few minor issues...but nothing serious.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
There were a few minor issues...but nothing serious.
Oh sure bud, nothing serious to you maybe, but someplace in China there is a poor innocent toy maker with a severed finger who'll never fit into a glove properly again ! ;-)

matleo

Reaction score
There were a few minor issues...but nothing serious.

Dude, you had minors working on these?!?!?! So that's how you guys can afford the swank new offices! It all comes together now doesn't it? :wink:

--Matt

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Yeah...what he said. I meant the eighties thing in a different way...Joe still has a line, Muppets has a presence...but Weird Al? Maybe if he gets a new reality TV show. "At Home With the Yankovich's" or something...
Umm check out my ptition for a figure of him on the Mcfarlane boards. Almst 4 pages long! Oh and so is my Aerosmith petition. :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue: