Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Ok people, i think Ken has now realised never to cross Wierd Al fans again ! :big_grin:

Now how about that Alvin and the Chipmunks action figure set ? *JOKE* :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Personally, my total extreme wish list is topped by The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai. I saw where Big Trouble in Little China is getting figures, so I am still keeping my fingers crossed.
C'mon Ken.... Is a 12" Dr Emilio Lizardo too much to ask for?

Does anyone even remember that movie? Probably not. I do...liked it actually. Thought it was funny and clever...didn't same dude who did screenplay for BTILC do that one? Seem to recall something like that. Both have that offbeat humor.

But could you sell it? Dunno...but I want my John Smallberries figure!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly

Does anyone even remember that movie? Probably not. I do...liked it actually. Thought it was funny and clever...didn't same dude who did screenplay for BTILC do that one? Seem to recall something like that. Both have that offbeat humor.

But could you sell it? Dunno...but I want my John Smallberries figure!
Yes they were both written by WD Richter, who also directed Buckaroo.
Of course they would sell:
Clancy Brown was in Banzai, he was also in Highlander with Sean COnnery - who was in Time Bandits with John Cleese, who was in THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER!

Also I am pretty sure that is what Grails signature is from, Re; the Watermelon

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke
Clancy Brown was in Banzai, he was also in Highlander with Sean COnnery - who was in Time Bandits with John Cleese, who was in THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER!
Okay, NOW do that with Kevin Bacon...

grail

Reaction score

Yes they were both written by WD Richter, who also directed Buckaroo.
Of course they would sell:

yes, it is indeed...10 points to you (maybe i should start writing these down)

also, i'm going to have to agree on the idea of Banzai figures...i want them! and remember the fan reaction when the DVD came out a few months ago? there's still a market...granted a smaller one than for say, the Muppets...but if they can show that people are still interested by doing figs, maybe we can finally get Buckaroo Banzai vs. The World Crime League...

i'm off to go find a new quote now...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Jim, don't know if I agree with you that they would sell. Some would, for sure...but there are certainly things out there that you THINK would sell better than they actually do. It's one of those things on a real hardcore fan line like that...you just never really know until you take the risk. By then it's too late!

grail

Reaction score
Buckaroo figs

besides, they would be kinda hard to do...

i would want my Dr. Lizardo figure to have articulated feet, so it could fly the ship and that would be tough.

and what would happen the first time Perfect Tommy came back from the factory with bloody fingerprints on him? not so perfect now, is he?

however, exchangeable heads for the 'lectroids would be cool, one human, one alien. and there'd have to be a jet car for Buckaroo...

but it would be a lot harder to get away with a black 'lectroid now than it was 20 years ago...

grail

Reaction score
okay, i think i found a hard one this time...

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by muppetlabs
Ken, maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but has Robin been considered for a spot in the Muppets line? Robin is definitely not a favorite character of mine (to put it mildly), so it's not like I'm dying without him, but I was just curious. How does everyone else feel about Robin?
Nice new avatar there Grail, but ..... uh, that wasn't the "Robin" I was talking about. :wink: