Ask Ken at Palisades

grail

Reaction score
heh...didn't even think about that...i just like keeping things interesting...i have a Batman one too, but anyone who knows me knows that i'm a huge Robin fan.

now guess where the signature's from...

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by muppetlabs
The Clerks animated series?
i'm impressed...i didn't think anybody'd get that one...i'm gonna have to start thinking of harder quotes...

10 points to muppetlabs

Struble

Reaction score
Okay, I must delurk for this. Sorry that it's off of the actual topic.

The "Have fun storming the castle" line does not originate from Clerks. Kevin Smith productions are notorious for using quotes from other things in them. So, it's rarely a good idea to quote something from one of his films/cartoons/comics.

The quote actually comes from the Princess Bride.

And on a lighter not-trying-to-correct-anybody note: The Muppet action figures are beamutiful! (woo, if that were some sort of question, I'd've been on topic)

Sh.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Struble
The "Have fun storming the castle" line does not originate from Clerks. Kevin Smith productions are notorious for using quotes from other things in them. So, it's rarely a good idea to quote something from one of his films/cartoons/comics.

The quote actually comes from the Princess Bride.
okay, you are correct, "Have fun storming the castle" is from Princess Bride (and you get 10 points) but he was right too...

the one from Clerks animated was "OH NO, bear is driving car, how can that be?!"

and now i see the inherent flaw with this little "name that quote" game: every time i change to a new quote, it changes it on all my posts...so everyone that comes in later thinks i must be smoking some very excellent crack...may have to rethink this...

Struble

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail

and now i see the inherent flaw with this little "name that quote" game: every time i change to a new quote, it changes it on all my posts...so everyone that comes in later thinks i must be smoking some very excellent crack...may have to rethink this...
He he he *nervous laughter*. Yeah, I kinda figured that one out the second after I sent my message. I being all nitpicky over nothing. Sorry about that. A simple solution would be that you could just manually type your sig at the end of your posts. *shrugs*

Sh. can't wait to go to Sandy Eggo and buy invisible Fozzie. *dances in anticipation*

grail

Reaction score
ih...no biggie. i can see where it would have been confusing to anyone who hadn't seen the last quote...

you're lucky you're going to San Diego...I sent in my money for BotCon, THEN realized that BotCon was literally days before ComiCon. i'd be getting back from Ft. Wayne and have to repack and start driving to SD (though right about now, i could probably afford to fly). then pay for a hotel and everything all over again...i'm definately going next year though...

and because i've been off topic way to long now...a question for Ken...

do you think you'll have series 4 ready to display for Toyfair? series 5? Micronauts redesigns? oh, and don't forget i'm hoping to have a reason to make you abandon the booth and come see the Art Asylum booth with me...

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

Okay, NOW do that with Kevin Bacon...
Although taken out of context, that seems to have a different meaning.....
'and John Cleese was in The Big Picture with Kevin Bacon'

Originally posted by
Crazy Harry

Is this the "Ask Ken" tread or the "Pitch ideas to Ken" tread?

Isn't pitching an idea a lot like asking a question?
I think they would sell well enough. Before the DVD was released, the VHS, and especially the Laser Disc used to cconsistantly fetch $100.00 + on eBay.
They would not set any records but they would definately outsell the Dark Crystal dolls and anything (with the exception of the LDD) that Mezco has put out in the past year.

bizarreblair

Reaction score
I saw a Willy Wonka action figure in a Toyfare or some other Toy mag a month or two ago...does anyone know if/when Wonka action figures were made...Ken? That'd be a sweet little assortment of figs I'd like to see...Oompa Loompas, etc...and imagine the play set for The Chocolate Room!!

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by bizarreblair
I saw a Willy Wonka action figure in a Toyfare or some other Toy mag a month or two ago...does anyone know if/when Wonka action figures were made...Ken?
I'm not Ken, but I can field this one. The Willy Wonka you saw was indeed in Toyfare. It was an ANDGOR.COM custom figure. They've done about a dozen different large custom figures for Toyfare, including Inigo Montoya for you Princess Bride fans out there. So it was an unlicensed and technically copyright infringing one of a kind figure. It's not part of an existing or upcoming Wonka series of toys. Here's a link to all of the custom dolls they've made for Toyfare, including Willy Wonka:

http://www.andgor.com/toyfaregallery.html

You can buy the custom heads to make your own custom figures, but I'll warn you in advance, the heads are $40.00 each. The "heads for sale" section is on the left hand side, just move your mouse over to the floating column. They will make the whole figure for you too, but I think then you're looking at $100.00 or more, depending on who you want.