Skits that made you kind of sad

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, Lonesome Joan is from 1982 and was featured on a few SS albums.

superboober

Reaction score
I had one of them with it, in fact. Ernie and Bert's cowboy talk before and as they sang it was quite amusing.

roadrat15

Reaction score
My two 'sad clips' were:

1) Where the 'have a nice day' monster eats the cake in front of Ernie and Bert doesn't believe him.

2) Where Harvey Kneeslapper tricks Kermit into standing out in the snow for a long time.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Actually I've been noticing lately how inconsiderate Ernie often was! Lol
yeah.. if Ernie was my roommate, I'm pretty sure I would've moved out.. or at least punched him in the face :stick_out_tongue:

squirrelboy

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean about Ernie, when I think back to when that "Dance myself to sleep" sketch was on, I kept wondering - what was the whole purpose of taking Bert (in his bed) outside for? And as soon as it happens, Ernie gets into his own bed (with a grin on his face), and starts to fall asleep - while we see Bert looking in on him from outside.

In some ways I felt the same way when they showed that sketch where Ernie had to explain to Bert (step by step), that he "accidently" broke the cookie jar. When they get to the end however, Bert get uptight with Ernie because he put the fish and water into Bert's cowboy hat, and Ernie has the nerve to say the following statement: "Yeah, so?" at Bert.

So yeah, I agree - Ernie is quite the sarcastic one, but at least he got his "just desserts" from the Count's sleepover. I think Bert should ask the Count to come over more often, to put Ernie in his place.

squirrelboy

Chris Gawley

Reaction score
There were 3 skits that were sad to me:

1) This is a classic clip.
Bert & Ernie fight over a cookie & threaten to breakup as room-mates. In an attempt to mediate, Maria leads Ernie & Bert both on a mental journey of what their lives would be like apart. Ernie moves out west & becomes a cowboy, Bert travels to the North Pole & studies fish! Time passes & they both grow old alone! That clip has stayed with me to this very day!

2) Cookie Monster loses his favorite cookie at a discotheque, & everyone around him would rather keep dancing that help him find it! Not only was this a sad clip, it made me angry because it showed me at a very young age that people (and Muppets) have the capacity to be very selfish & inconsiderate of the pleas of their fellow man (or Muppet)!

3) Bert had to leave the apartment but asked Ernie to let him in when he gets back (I believe he lost his key, or something). Bert suggests that they rehearse Ernie letting him back into the apartment when he knocks, but Ernie insists it isn't necessary.
As soon as Bert leaves, he has to go back because he realizes he forgot his money. When Ernie hears Bert knocking, he assumes Bert is practicing his return & ignores him.
By the end of the skit, Bert is at the end of his rope; turns to the camera & says: "I'm going to move out!"

hollandj

Reaction score
Cookie Monster

I hope you have seen people (and muppets) that are not selfish & inconsiderate in your lifetime Chris. And that you are not jaded and can love people and life to its fullest :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
There was one where (I think it was ) Carroll Spinney singing "Rockabye Baby" & it was a koala or something in a tree. First he whistled,then sang.So that made me cry. It might still be on you tube.Not sure.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Don't forget Jerry Juhl.

You might as well make it 5 J's now, since we recently lost Jim Thurman. :cry:
We also lost Jerry Juhl in 2005. So that would have been 6 J's.

R.I.P. Joe Raposo (1937-1989), Jim Henson (1936-1990), Jonathan Stone (1931-1997), Jeff Moss (1942-1998), Jerry Juhl (1938-2005), and Jim Thurman (1935-2007).:cry: