Palisades club - Invisible Fozzie

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Come to think of it, it seems to me that posts such as the one you described are about the biggest problem when it comes to "figure posts over-running the board
Yeah i agree. It's what i was kinda trying to say at the end of that mini's thread. It's all about responsible management, not censoring people. I Know Matt and Annika have been working voluntarily on the FAQ so we'll likely see that soon, but some kind of rule that collectors club admin will only be dealt with directly through Palisades works the best for all of us.

As for the whole international shipping issue, i hope it can be made clearer to people on the applicaton form that 'Each figure will cost $xx and shipping will be $xx for international customers' - the whole thing does seem to have been pointed out as Louis mentioned, but it probably couldn't hurt making it a bit clearer.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Re: Jessica

Originally posted by Zack the Dog

Hey, i never even heard of that! i think i'll do that from now on, could you teach me how to do it Jess? what do i say? "can i have this certified please?"

it would keep me from being a worry wart:smile:
Zack, next time you send a MO, just take it to the counter at your post office and ask about your options. Tell them that you would like to be assured that your letter arrives at its destination, and ask them what would be the least expensive way to get a receipt. They will explain it for you. You can also go to www.usps.com for information regarding rates and services.

Happy mailing!

:stick_out_tongue:

What is certified mail?

Certified mail provides proof of mailing and delivery of mail. The sender receives a mailing receipt at the time of mailing and a record of delivery is maintained by the Postal Service. A return receipt can also be purchased for an additional fee to provide the sender with proof of delivery. Certified mail service is only available for First-Class Mail or Priority Mail.

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
A lot of issues here. I don't have much time this morning, so I'll be brief...

1. International Shipping. SOrry we don't have a better solution. Really, the only option was to charge extra or just not allow anyone outside the US to purchase at all. We felt that it was better to offer it out, albeit at a higher price. The reasons for the extra charges are twofold: First, yes, it does cost more to ship outside the country. Second, "Shipping and Handling" includes "Handling." We don't have an internal shipping department, so all the shipments are being done by our part time help. We have to pay for this help. It only makes sense to pass along some of that cost. The US-bound packages get a $7.00 S&H charge, and only about half of that is actually "Shipping." For the international shipments, we have a multitude of extra forms to fill out and in most cases, we have to take the packages out of the office to ship.

2. The Club E-mail. Until we get a bit more sophisticated (read: more members, generating more revenue to allow more spending on the club construction), we will continue to do the bulk of communication via email. It's not foolproof, but it's hte best we can do right now. We will eventually have a password protected area of our website, so club members will easily know what is going on at all times.

I think those were the main issues. I hope that this little explanation helps. We're not in the shipping business, so we're not profiting from outrageous shipping charges. We just want to make sure that you, our dedicated fan base, is happy (at least most of the time...)

Mike H

grail

Reaction score
*knows there's a great joke there somewhere about Mike "being brief" but hasn't had enough sleep to find it*

*is mostly just basking in the goodness of his new "Greatest American Hero" avatar*

believe it or not, i'm walking on air...

(oh come on, Mike has spoken, the point is made, and it's not worth arguing anymore...you all know the words, just start singing)

i never thought i could feel so free...

Rugbylass

Reaction score
OK, can someone forward that e-mail to me? For some reason I've not had the last two e-mails from Palisades- hopefully this'll work out once we can access things online.

Right, anyone in the UK who's not a member of the club want to split shipping with me on the Invisble Fozzie? Drop me an e-mail!

And I agree that the postage for International people is expensive but we're lucky that Palisades are shipping anything out of the US at all! I've not managed to get any of the exclusives (I refuse to pay above the odd on ebay) because none of the retailers seem to ship outside of the US. What would be wonderful is if some kind person in the US would be willing to post stuff over that's not available here (like the mini lunchboxes, or the EB Games exclusives), and obviously we'd do the same from this end.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rugbylass
OK, can someone forward that e-mail to me? For some reason I've not had the last two e-mails from Palisades- hopefully this'll work out once we can access things online.

Right, anyone in the UK who's not a member of the club want to split shipping with me on the Invisble Fozzie? Drop me an e-mail!

And I agree that the postage for International people is expensive but we're lucky that Palisades are shipping anything out of the US at all! I've not managed to get any of the exclusives (I refuse to pay above the odd on ebay) because none of the retailers seem to ship outside of the US. What would be wonderful is if some kind person in the US would be willing to post stuff over that's not available here (like the mini lunchboxes, or the EB Games exclusives), and obviously we'd do the same from this end.
There were TWO emails from Palisades? Jeez, i didn't get any of them... grrrrr. I don't even have spam blocking on mine.

skidd00

Reaction score
Invisibel fozzie form help

New user, but just started to frequent this board. I joined the club and then my email at work(the email address I gave the club) decided it was spam and deleted it. Can some kind person foward me the email to my work acct, so I can get my order right out. Any help is most appreciated.
Thanks
Skidd00

grail

Reaction score
Re: Invisibel fozzie form help

Originally posted by skidd00
New user, but just started to frequent this board. I joined the club and then my email at work(the email address I gave the club) decided it was spam and deleted it. Can some kind person foward me the email to dhg5@cdc.gov my work acct, so I can get my order right out. Any help is most appreciated.
our tax dollars at work? no problem, it's on the way, look for one from "grail42"

skidd00

Reaction score
invisble fozzie help

Thanks grail! Tax dollars at work huh? Well kind of....unless you coinsider that half of my emails seem to vanish before reciept. What a fine system they run. Thanks for the help. One quick question, on the form where name is, was that the email address, or was it the actual name of the club memeber. Otherwise they would not know it was me. In other words how can they tell who is ordering it from the form.
Thanks
Skidd00