Palisades club - Invisible Fozzie

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
As to the 'Did you get my money order' and 'Can you re-send the email' - I agree it is seriously annoying and can someone from Palisades PLEASE deal with it as soon as possible as we seem to have turned into the admin centre for someone elses club. I'm not knocking them - they've told people over and over again to email the collectors club address with any queries, but seeing as Ken and Mike are very nice people and started answering all these admin questions on it (even when likely they don't do the club admin themselves) people haven't got the message and continually ask. Guys, you need to be firm with us - spankings if neccasary !
Yeah, you know what, you are totally right here. Come to think of it, it seems to me that posts such as the one you described are about the biggest problem when it comes to "figure posts over-running the board". It is not so much the endless discussion about them, as now seems to be the constant stream of questions that have already been asked and answered. I know that Ken et al are trying to appease, but perhaps a little silent treatment in certain areas would dry up the well of personal posts which seem to be clogging up some threads.

And on another note, I know that if I am unhappy or in need of answers when it comes to a retail product, I just go straight to the source. Isn't there a phone number or something that people can use to get immediate answers? Or is Palisades not large enough for that sort of thing?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Oh yeah and one more thing... just a piece of advice for anyone who uses money orders to purchase items through the mail. Any mail containing a MO should be sent registered (or certified) mail. It costs more, but then you have proof that it arrived and who signed for it. Should there ever be a problem you would have something to back up your claim. Look out for yourself.

grail

Reaction score
you know...i've actually never thought of that...

that would have saved me so much grief...gonna have to remember to do that from now on...

thanks!

*would like to point out that this is NOT sarcasm, i really DIDN'T think about it in the past, though it makes perfect sense*

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Well great! :smile:

You know there is also such thing as a "receipt confirmation" which means that you get a little postcard when your letter or package arrives at its destination. That way you don't have to sit around wondering, "Did they get it???"

I just *love* the post office! Can you tell? I really do. A pox on anyone who refers to it as "snail mail"... I hereby boycott that expression. It may have flaws, but old Tom's little institution still has the most services for the money. Just look at shipping in other countries! Geesh!

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
No kidding about the other countries shipping remark. Registered mail is $9.00 extra here. What is it in the states, like a buck?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Louis Kazagger
No kidding about the other countries shipping remark. Registered mail is $9.00 extra here. What is it in the states, like a buck?
It depends on what you are mailing. The delivery confirmation is only .55 cents. I always get confused about the difference between certified and registered mail, but I know that it is relatively inexpensive for either one or both methods. I think it costs a couple bucks, and is well worth it if you are mailing MOs, court papers, tax payments, or the like.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jessica

Oh yeah and one more thing... just a piece of advice for anyone who uses money orders to purchase items through the mail. Any mail containing a MO should be sent registered (or certified) mail. It costs more, but then you have proof that it arrived and who signed for it. Should there ever be a problem you would have something to back up your claim. Look out for yourself.
Hey, i never even heard of that! i think i'll do that from now on, could you teach me how to do it Jess? what do i say? "can i have this certified please?"

it would keep me from being a worry wart:smile: