Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

somethingofafan

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Oh and one more thing, forgive my ignorance, but who's Eisner? I watched MwoO on the CBC, and there was definately no-one named Eisner in the movie when I watched it.
On the US broadcasts, on the Disney-owned ABC network, lame duck Disney head honcho Michael Eisner came on mid-program giving his usual gurgle about how special the program was.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well it is the Wonderful World of Disney and he is the one who intros it. You had to expect it to be there. That's like complaining that Jim Henson came in at the start of the Jim Henson Hour.

One thing this movie needed was more Oz animals. i think that wouod have pumped it up.

Reaction score
Pepe Rules

Pepe is quickly becoming one of the greatest muppets of all time.. EVERYTHING he says is funny, okaaay... I did not like the "black" wizard of oz.. not to be racist or anything, but I already saw "The Wiz"... Ashanti is cute, but she cannot act a lick... But I am just happy to see more muppet material.. and lastly, the advertising was p*sspoor... I had not been on this site in a while and I did not even know it was going to be on until a couple hours before... Bad ABC.. bad.OKAAAY

MWoO

Reaction score
Listen, the Wiz is totally different than just having a black cast. To say they are the same just bexcause there is a black cast IS racist and you should be ashamed.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
From when I first heard about this project, I dreaded it. It was just a bad idea. It wasn't the fact that they were adapting a classic story, They've done this well before, it wasn't the fact that it was a TV film, the last one was good. It was just the wrong thing for them to adapt, the wrong cast, and the wrong script. This was by far my least favorite Muppet project. This made Muppets From Space look like a really good movie. They should have just skipped this movie and started on a new TV show. Just hopefully people won't be turned off and not want to tune in. Somebody bring back Paul Williams and Jerry Juhl!!

Lynnette

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I was thankful I got to see this entire movie. At first, I was worried if the power was gonna go off or get interrupted by a weather report, for there was a wild storm heading my way. But luckily the storm stopped early and I was able to watch and tape the whole thing. Thank You Lord! :smile:
Did it happen to be a tornado heading your way?! :wink:
Good thing you didn't have to head to the storm cellar!

TomTKH

Reaction score
NOT racist at all

MuppetCrazy said:
Are we a bit racist or what??? "They cast a girl who clearly comes from a garbage heap herself".........they "produce what they think young (future trash-heaps want to see/hear".........WOW! I'm just as big of a Muppet fan as anyone else, but jeez....that's taking it a bit too far. It's just a movie dude!
Oops, that was harsh on my part. You know, I really didn't think anyone would read my comment. I am NOT racist at all, and realize I shouldn't have called that girl trashy. I should have stated that the dialogue was trashy, not the actress. :stick_out_tongue:

Lynnette

Reaction score
Easing up...

Okay, I do have to think about this and make it my "official" comment that I enjoyed seeing the Muppets and look forward to more. It was fun.

It's just human nature for fans to be the most critical of a film. Those leading the project know that this is what we do. We do it out of love :flirt: :flirt: and I'm sure they know the intention behind the complaining.

MWoO

Reaction score
TomTKH said:
Oops, that was harsh on my part. You know, I really didn't think anyone would read my comment. I am NOT racist at all, and realize I shouldn't have called that girl trashy. I should have stated that the dialogue was trashy, not the actress. :stick_out_tongue:
I notice the ones who are most racist are the ones that are compelled to say they aren't.

Fact is from the start there were people saying "we already had a black Oz" and "They are trying to get the black audience". Let's just say I think the cast is "coloring" too many people's view of the movie.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
ChellisPal said:
Positive feedback is what the mouse wants from this movie so they can begin a big relaunch of the characters, so imaginge what they must be thinking when they see us "Muppet Fans" bashing the first thing they do.
Hopefully they're thinking, "Hmmm, this wasn't quite right...maybe we need to fix things and put more care into our next project if we want more Muppet fans satisfied."

:wink: