Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

Beauregard

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Hopefully they're thinking, "Hmmm, this wasn't quite right...maybe we need to fix things and put more care into our next project if we want more Muppet fans satisfied."

:wink:
Really!

We need!

Er....sorry. Couldn't resist.

Yeah, hopefully they'll take our thoughts into account. In fact, would it be worth us writing? Saying: "Hi, I really loved Mwoo, but I was kind'a hopeing to see more of Beauregard. Do you think he could be added to your next production?"

Etc...

What thinkest you?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I wasn't super-duper impressed with the movie but I did like it. It was great to have a new Muppet TV thing. Who did Scooter's voice? Was it Brian Henson? It sounds a LOT better than it did in Very Merry Muppet Christmas. :wink:

Movies205

Reaction score
THe main problem though not the only problem was this movie did not understand the muppet characters and secondly they seem to take second place to the human characters...

Xela

Reaction score
I thought it was okay. There were a few funny parts and there were many parts that needed to be improved, but overall I liked it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Let's see. I don't have time to read all the posts here now, but I thought the movie was really good. It did seem to have a lot of adult humor. (Hence the TV-PG rating) I did like seeing Crazy Harry. I would like to have seen Rowlf more, but I guess they're still limiting his appearances. out of respect to Henson. I also liked that some characters of Muppet Treasure Island appeared. [Ex: Old Tom (or was it Real Old Tom?) and Angel Marie] I also liked the Frank Oz reference.

Movies205

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Let's see. I don't have time to read all the posts here now, but I thought the movie was really good. It did seem to have a lot of adult humor. (Hence the TV-PG rating) I did like seeing Crazy Harry. I would like to have seen Rowlf more, but I guess they're still limiting his appearances. out of respect to Henson. I also liked that some characters of Muppet Treasure Island appeared. [Ex: Old Tom (or was it Real Old Tom?) and Angel Marie] I also liked the Frank Oz reference.
Adult Humor does not mean dirty humor, I liked the muppets for there adult humor but it's not because it was dirty it was because it was intelligent...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna speak my mind...
Won't take too much time...
And it goes like this.

1 Ashante, when trying to take charge, did come across as a bit too brassy. The best way to explain it would be to use the term "Clairus Huxtabolis".
2 The songs were good and I liked the one where there all in the forest.
3 There was a touching moment when the Tin Thing goes back onto the bridge to help the Lion get across.
4 Rully liked the segments in Emerald City with Sam's improved voice and Scooter's voice as well.
5 Knowing the story like I do, the following was OK by me.
a The audition at the beginning, rully made me laugh and tied into the illusion of the movie.
b. The twister landing in Munchkinland.
c. How Dorothy met all the characters along the Yellow Brick Road.
d. The poppy fields being changed into a night club.
e. The rats saving Dorothy and the Lion.
f. The illusion of Emerald City and Bunsen and Beaker's roles.
g. The Wizard taking different forms for each of the members of the party.
The bit with the temptress turning into a chicken for Gonzo was one of my fave parts of the movie.
h. Crossing the mountain to get to the Witch of the West.
i. Destroying the Scarecrow and Tin Thing, only to have the Monkeys at the end play the part of the Winkies putting them back together again.
j. The shattering of the illusion of Emerald City, not the Wizard, but the city itself.
k. The fulfillment of the promises at the end.
l. Getting Dorothy back home and the TMS ending.
The only two things I'd have included would've been traps for each member of the party at the mountain and the explanation by the Wizard as to how he changed forms.

Other than that, the movie was good by my own standards.
Not gonna say anything else and I'm gonna vote and unsubscribe from this thread cause I don't want to get caught up in the "Critiques".

Emerald

Reaction score
I was incredibly dissapointed. My husband and I taped it because we were out for the evening, and we were really excited to watch it when we got home.

We made it through 15 minutes of the film before we were just too offended to go on. After we've had some time away from it, we will try and watch the rest, but after that we may tape over it and forget that it ever happened.

I have loved the Muppets from the time I was a toddler, but this was beyond what I can support. It was obvoiusly done as an attempt to widen the viewing adience (both in age and in background of the viewer) by making a gradual change in the style and humor of the Muppets and their programs, which I fear we could see continued over their next couple endevaours.

I was offended right away by Ashanti's comments about "getting out of Kansas to become someone". I am from the midwest, and I'm really sick of the entertainment industry treating us as a bunch of red neck losers who never leave their state because they have no ambition. Did you ever see that sitcom about the guy from the coast who married a farm girl and went to live with her family in Kansas? Another ABC productions, and I hated that one too.

I was also not impressed with their rewriting of the original story line. Neccessary? Not really. Just another example of Disney thinking that "creative" means messing around with a proven formula and making it crap. They made their own cable channel a skeleton of its former self, and now I fear they will do it to the Muppets.

Rizzo's "Girls Gone Wild" comment was what made us finally turn off the TV. Not appropriate, and not funny. It was just one more choice in poor taste than what we could handle. Needless to say, I will not buy the DVD or CD either.

I loved Muppet Treasure Island. I loved Muppets from Space (despite its noticable flaws). I have enjoyed their recent commericial and TV show appearances. But if this is the way that they are heading, I truely wish the franchise had died with Jim Henson. If he isn't here to lead it in the right direction, no one should try.

Especially not Disney.

Telly

Reaction score
I loved what I saw. We were in a tornado warning. I got through the first twenty minutes with the "beep beep" on the bottom of the screen. That didn't bother me. Then the local weather man broke in. I just wanted him off of my tv. Then 10 minutes after that he broke in again and I shut it off and left. I'll have to wait until August to see it! :mad: