Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I haven't decided yet

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I'm still buying the set

Votes: 100 87.7%

• Total voters

anathema

Reaction score
Ok, I think it's pretty obvious what he's doing now, so can I make a suggestion?

Don't feed the troll.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
anathema said:
Ok, I think it's pretty obvious what he's doing now, so can I make a suggestion?

Don't feed the troll.
eh yea you think...he hardly ever makes any sense..

anathema

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
eh yea you think...he hardly ever makes any sense..
And then there's the poor spelling and grammar - and indeed, grasp of English - not to mention the inability to understand the word "stop". Classic trolling...

I must be getting rusty - I used to be able to spot trolls much faster than this :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Can I just say the irony of the situation that has crossed my mind?

For a person who has stated elsewhere that he doesn't really like the first season all that much here he's been getting all upset and sulky over the fact that edits had to be made to the DVD release and demanding that it be re-released uncut.:crazy: :stick_out_tongue:

D

Dil

What happens to Disney if they used the songs they could never own on the Season 1 DVD?

Go ahead tell me the answer. Don't complain. Just answer the question.

anathema

Reaction score
Dil said:
What happens to Disney if they used the songs they could never own on the Season 1 DVD?
They leave themselves open to legal action on the part of the people or companies whose rights they've just infringed upon. This is not something that a responsible company is going to do...

Disney do not need to "own" the rights to the songs. They need to obtain a license from the rights-holders in order to use them. And to forestall your next question: the rights for TV broadcast and home-video releases are very very different, which is why The Muppet Show can continue to air uncut to this day.

David French

Reaction score
I've yet to post my thoughts on the whole set...or at least I don't think I have. Anyway, just with regards to the cut music...

The following comes from the FAQ section of a Technical Forum for a BBC TV series...

The question was along the lines of "Why is there such a problem with the uses of copyright music with BBC shows unlike non-BBC shows made by companies such as ITC?"

The answer was "When most BBC TV shows were made the rights for the use of a particular piece of music were negotiated on the basis of use for one transmission and possibly one repeat, without a view on the worldwide market. ITC supplied a worldwide market, and the rights for the clips were negotiated for use in perpetuity, or at least for a very long time."

Of course, ITC no longer exists and most of their archive is now owned by Granada International, with the exception of some shows including The Muppet Show. Now here's the thing, I strongly suspect that if TMS was part of Granda International there would be no problem and the songs could have been released. Sadly because they have changed ownership over the years the rights have to be renegotiated and therefore we have the situation as it is right now.

D

Dil

What they could have done is use hypnotive on the song owners to bring the rights to Disney. But unfortunatly, after the hypnotive, the song owners might call the police to arrest Disney for hypnotizing the song owners, right?