Undecided release for Fraggle Season 2

getup

Reaction score
Have you read the Muppet Newsflash about the decision HIT is making??? If you haven't yet, go on over to http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com

Everyone needs to get this Season 1 set to show those idiots at HIT that of course Season 2 would sell. I think the show gets better as it goes on. I would definitely shell out any amount of money for season 2 but of course, as a fraggle lover, i'd buy all the seasons no questions. and i'm sure most of you would do the same too. I've bought my set...i know you guys have too...how can we get more people to buy?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Letters and campaigning showed HIT there was a demand for season 1. So they made it. But the way to show HIT there is a demand for season 2 is with sales. If all the people who wrote HIT, signed petitions, and made phone calls go out and puts their money where their mouth is, then season 2 will come. But if the sales for season 1 tank, then HIT will not consider investing in a second season (it would just be bad business to pump money into something that won't sell).

It is too early to know for sure if season 1 was a success or not (HIT is still feeling this out). It has only been a week! In order for HIT to know that they made the right decisions for season 1 (and that all the people who demanded season sets were serious), they need to see that people are buying it. We all need to go and buy season 1, get our friends to buy it; give it to friends as a give; just get sales as high as possible! If season 1 tanks (which is unlikely, but still possible), it will take a lot more than the fans could ever provide in order to convince HIT to make a season 2. So let's not have season 2 do anywhere near bad.

HIT says that they are considering season 2, but they probably won't have an answer for what their plan for the series will be until sometime early next year (at the earliest). They took a big risk with season 1, if we show them it was the right choice then season 2 will not be far behind. But as of right now, no decision has been made to move on with the series yet (neither has a decision to not move on).

BEAR

Reaction score
Well...there are more Fraggle fans in America alone than we may realize. It was kind of a cult classic. I think maybe even more so or equal to the Muppet Show. I would think that season one sales would be strong enough to have a season 2 release and so on. As long as the word gets out there that these beauties are available.

luvtosr

Reaction score
They should distribute in the UK too. FR was a MAJOR cult classic, part of the whole 80's kidz era. It would sell like proverbial hotcakes over here.

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I really don't see why they woulden't ... I mean where I went they only had one Season One left and it was ten in the morning on the day it was released. I'm definantly going to give a call to HIT. I suggest everybody else who wants season two do the same just in case.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

I bought mine the other day @ Best Buy, the sticker says its $37 but it was on sale for $29, and plus I ONLY got it at Best Buy becouse of the cd-rom game, ok... lol, and for the price too! :big_grin: there wasn't alot of copys left. I'd say about 8 left if that. :smile: But I'm enjoying my set I'm JUST gettin the 1st disc done. :zany:

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
They should distribute in the UK too. FR was a MAJOR cult classic, part of the whole 80's kidz era. It would sell like proverbial hotcakes over here.
Yup. I don't see why they haven't given it a R2 release yet. =/

Aniwho, I still have yet to pick up mine, but it's still a high priority. (I'm putting aside getting the bootleg F-Zero: GP Legend DVDs to get this beauty!)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I never signed the petition, but I have bought every FR disc out there (except the single release that was put out the same time as FR S1 was. i don't have that much money!)
I think that people who haven't signed it, like me, will buy it once they find out about it. There was pretty much no advertising for it. But when word gets around, I think copies will be selling.
And I seriously hope that everyone who signed will put their money where their mouth is, because I would love future seasons!

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Well, all I know is that I'm a strong supporter of the FR Season boxed-sets. I pre-ordered my Season 1 boxed-set on Amazon as soon as I heard the great news this past June and even spread the news to a few online friends who grew up with the show like me. HIT, please keep 'em coming! I'd buy the other sets, in a heartbeat.