1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Undecided release for Fraggle Season 2

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by getup, Sep 14, 2005.

1. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Agreed!! This IS a case for a campaign!!

If you write a letter, why not send it in on a post-card since that's how Uncle Travelling Matt would do it! :) FLOOD 'em with postcards.

E-mail: consumerservices@hitentertainment.com

I'm calling today and getting others to do it as well.

And if you haven't bought your's yet: WHY NOT!? There IS such a thing as layaway if $35 is too much to spend at one time. GO GET IT!

See GelflingWaldo's post below for correct links to order directly from their store:
    http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=336655&postcount=26
  3. alexgeyerx

alexgeyerx New Member

My mom bought me season 1 on her trip to florida to take my bro to disney she bought it at IGM wich is odd seing as fraggles ARNT disney... wich im kinda glad about seeing as walt was a known nazi suporter.... BUT I WANT THOES OTHER SEASONS even if i have to do i myself with scrips and puppets
  4. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I just sent them an e-mail.

I said something like "I was hoping to buy a few sets as Christmas gifts". I know that's jumping the gun, but who cares.

:)
  5. Fozzie Bear

I hope folks paid attention to my last post in this thread. There is a way to purchase the S1 DVD Set via the HIT site that is cheaper (free shipping!)

Only buy buying up S1 will they make S2! So: GO BUY!
  6. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

New Links

HIT just revamped their entire online store. It looks a lot better, it's easier to use, and a much more inviting store now. But all the links have changed so here are the updated URLs to get you where you need to go.

HIT Fraggle Shop: http://www.hitshopusa.com/shop/Fraggle
    Fraggle Rock S1: http://www.hitshopusa.com/item/k/25805 (Sale price: $31.25)
    HIT Jim Henson Shop: http://www.hitshopusa.com/shop/Henson

Be sure to pick up a copy of season 1 ASAP, and also write letters, make calls, and whatever else you can think of to let HIT know we want more!
  7. Fozzie Bear

Thanks for that info, Greg.
  8. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I got an e-mail back today from someone named Kris. Here's what I was told:

I'm sure someone (like GelflingWaldo!) could probably get a more definitive answer.

I tried! :)
  9. Sylinde Bren

Sylinde Bren Member

Anybody hear anything new about a Season 2 Fraggle Rock DVD release?

^-^;

Is anyone else getting really really anxious over whether or not HIT decides to make a Season 2 boxed set?
  10. Fozzie Bear

I'm anxious to find out. I emailed them and asked, they said they weren't sure, and I emailed back and said it was a bad idea NOT to do it. I mean, why not?! Why give us S1 and then not the rest?! It's unfair. I refuse to buy any of the 3 episode dvd's. Season sets or I ain't buying. That was my email to them a LONG time ago. Do the season sets, and when those sell out, go to the 3 episode DVDs THEN.
  11. I think most of us want box sets myself included. I sent them an email weeks ago and am still waiting for a responce. How long does it usually take them to respond? I mean come on somebody over there has to know something.
  12. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

usally 2-3 days
  13. Fozzie Bear

They may be keeping the e-mails and not responding as a means of collecting a necessity of the fans that WE WANT THESE SEASON SETS DVDS!
  14. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

I think that we need to post another list by us fans of the show asking them to please give us a street date, or to continue with the dvd sets.
  15. Fozzie Bear

No, we don't need another list on the same topic...that's one of the clogging problems we've had at MC lately.

Just e-mail or call them, or send them snail mail They'll get the point sooner or later and give the fans what they want. And tell folks in other message boards, too. We had to go through a few years of bugging JHC and HIT! to get the S1 set, and looks like we'll have to do the same thing.

If folks don't buy the 3-episode DVDs then they'll see that they can't just get us to buy anything. They need to give us the Season Sets first, and THEN begin selling the 3-episode DVDs for folks who missed the Season Sets.
  16. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

I'm sure HIT is aware of the plans to develop a Fraggle movie, this would only encourage them to release the DVD sets.

However like some movie studios have done in the past, they might hold off releasing the DVD sets till the movie is just about to be released to maximize sales.
  17. Fozzie Bear

They have several seasons to use for that sales pitch, though. But, once S1 is out, and they release S2--folks just GOTTA have the other ones too.

I do, anyhoo.
  18. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

Yeah--since the movie hasn't even started filming yet, it would not make sense to hold off season 2 until its release. That would mean losing interest among many of the people who bought season 1 (I mean more casual buyers out there in the non-Muppet Central world--people here aren't going to lose any interest!). There's a thing called momentum to be considered. . . . They can schedule season 4 or 5 to be released along with the movie, depending on how far they get.

Personally I'm one of those who had no hand (or should I say voice?) in calling for Season 1's release, but I went out and bought the box the first day it was available. I'll do the same with season 2 if they give me a chance!
  19. Fozzie Bear

Ditto!

Ever make it to Memphis, DTWolf?
  20. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

I rarely make it to Memphis. I haven't been down there for several years.

But I'd go if it would help us get Fraggle Rock season 2! :)
    (Sorry. That was my lame attempt to make this post look like it's on topic. :o)