Denis Leary Loves Kermit (last nights conan)

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Last night (or early this morning) on the Conan O'Brien Show. He and Denis Leary were discussing Triumph the comic insult dog at the MTV awards and Denis was saying How triumph deserved puppet respect and how (paraphrasing here) Triumph is the...Well after Kermit the frog, triumph is the greatest puppet in the last 50 years. I thought is was nice he remembered Kermit.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
That's cool he remembered out little green hero...I really don't like him (watch any episode of "Contest Searchlight" to find out why), but I guess its nice he respects the king of puppets. :big_grin:

-Matt

scott

Reaction score
I thought CS was hilarious just in the fact that everything went wrong.

SuprGro78

Reaction score
I haven't watched CS. I went to my college reunion where Denis Leary and Lenny Clark were supposed to perform, but they were filiming CS so they didn't show. :mad:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yeah Scott..I'm fairly sure that it was pretty much all skripted and supposed to break down as it did. I never found the extremely obvious subtle-type jokes to be funny, but of course, thats just me.

Lewis Black = Amazingly cool Rock n roll. That sucks badly he didn't sho for ya Chelle.

-Matt

tomahawk

Reaction score
denis leary is a thief

if you want to know where denis stole all of his material from, just get anything from a comedion named bill hicks. the real king of comedy.

grail

Reaction score
you know what? i admit that Bill Hicks was the original "angry man ranting", but he's DEAD. has been for years. get over it.

in the mean time, why not try and think of Leary, Black, and all these other comedians that i've heard accused of "stealing" Bill Hicks as people who carry on in the tradition of a very funny man.

if he were around, he'd be laughing at every single one of them...loudly

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well as long as they aren't all totally ripping off Carlin. I mean, its a fact that nearly every comedian has to steal from at some point, being he is so funny. There is my king of comedy, and one who should not be imitated.

-Matt

tomahawk

Reaction score
bill hicks quote

"i didn't realize i was that funny until i saw dennis' show." bill is rolling over in his grave righy now. denis should put a disclaimer before each show. "for the original transscripts to this please buy any of the bill hicks merchandise available at your finer stores."
PLAY FROM YOU HEART

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I think Denis Leary is HILARIOUS! And practically every comedian nowadays is ripping off some other comedian, so oh well. Just enjoy the comedy without thinking who ripped off who. And I'm sure most of his comedy is original, so YAY LEARY!