Denis Leary Loves Kermit (last nights conan)

Mr Devco

Reaction score
What Leary said actually made me cry because it was completely thoughtless. Since THAT quip about Jim I've not watched anything the he's done.
Yeah it was pretty harsh. I just wonder if the Hensons ever saw it and if they did why on earth would they have him in the video?

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I don't know. I dislike Denis Leary, for the reasons previously mentioned (it's ignorant to assume that every comedian 'has ripped off someone' at some point...), and for the fact that Leary isn't funny at all.

I am a fan of tasteless humor. But Leary was tasteless just to make headlines. His off-stage persona is much different. He probably loves Jim Henson. He's still a prick.

Mr Devco

Reaction score
I don't know. I dislike Denis Leary, for the reasons previously mentioned (it's ignorant to assume that every comedian 'has ripped off someone' at some point...), and for the fact that Leary isn't funny at all.

I am a fan of tasteless humor. But Leary was tasteless just to make headlines. His off-stage persona is much different. He probably loves Jim Henson. He's still a prick.
Agreed, comedians have always borrowed material from other comedians but Denis did not only steal gigantic portions of his material seen here Here , Here & Here , but he took the tamest of hicks' material and watered it down even more because most people either can't handle the hard truths Bill told or don't feel like actually thinking when at a comedy show.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Agreed, comedians have always borrowed material from other comedians but Denis did not only steal gigantic portions of his material seen here Here , Here & Here , but he took the tamest of hicks' material and watered it down even more because most people either can't handle the hard truths Bill told or don't feel like actually thinking when at a comedy show.
Precisely. It's about Leary taking Hicks' PERSONA, watering it down to a one-dimensional cartoon character, and making the material acceptable for the masses.

Mr Devco

Reaction score
Precisely. It's about Leary taking Hicks' PERSONA, watering it down to a one-dimensional cartoon character, and making the material acceptable for the masses.
At the very least if it weren't for Leary i would have never discovered Bill's work.