New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to welcome all the new members. Great to have you aboard! Please continue to post and make yourself at home.

BeamlovesBob

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just found this site while trying to get SS episodes. I can't believe there are no real lists out there! I grew up on Sesame Street, long live those episodes of the late 70s and 80s, my family was poor and we must not have had a VCR until the early 90s, so I don't have any of those episodes
:frown: .

I ALWAYS loved Sesame Street, but I remember seeing more of the Muppet Show, because my older brothers were stronger for television control. I loved Kermit on the Muppet Show. I can't remember when I got into Muppet Babies; that was most enjoyable for me, because I loved thinking of the Muppets with all the trouble they would get into, especially Fozzie and the combat always going on between Scooter and Skeeter...

I grew up in Wisconsin, but right now I'm living in Georgia. I miss my friends and family at home, and it's because of thinking about memories that I am looking to buy or trade to get a better collection of muppets and Sesame Street... if anyone can help (more buying than trading right now, although I am working on getting all of this Sesame Street season 34...if only I'd have taped some from Noggin when they still had them...), please email me... moonbeam0718@hotmail.com .

Thanks all! :wink:

The Narrator

Reaction score
Howdy folks! As you can see, my chosen moniker for this board is "The Narrator." More on why I chose that particular appellation in a bit... In a month or so, I'll be a year away from choosing to either run or renew. (That's a Logan's Run joke. I'll be 29 in late April for those not media-inclined.) I've been a fan of the Henson workshop creations since I was crawling, enjoying everything from The Muppet Show to The Storyteller to Farscape and just about everything in between. My favorite Muppet is Link Hogthrob, though I do have a fondness for Rowlf, Julius Strangepork and Bobo.

As far as my particular choice of sobriquet... Well, I found this forum when creating my new site Pork Factor 9, a web-comic that utilizes the Palisades Muppet toys (particularly the SwineTrek playset and crew). As I consider myself the narrator for the strip, I figured it well-suited to take that title as my handle. Also, I wanted to put in a plug for my new project. :big_grin: Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Looking forward to talking Muppets with you all!

Beebers

Reaction score
Welcome all, hope everybody sticks around awhile.

:cool:

Pookie

Reaction score
Whopie... I'm a newbie.

Frequently asked questions of Pookie the waffle iron master:

Q: Where do you live?
A: Maine

Q: How old are you?
A: 13

Q: Why Pookie?
A: Why not?

Q: Why are you the Waffle Iron master?
A: DON'T QUESTION MY AUTHORITY, YOU MERE MORTAL!!!!

:wink:

KtMayhem

Reaction score
A little confused

Well I found this site today as I was wondering around the net, and I am very excited! I have loved the muppets all my life, something that has just stuck with me. I am a little confused as to how things work, I have never been a member of one of these before, any advice would be great! :excited:

Beebers

Reaction score
KtMayhem said:
Well I found this site today as I was wondering around the net, and I am very excited! I have loved the muppets all my life, something that has just stuck with me. I am a little confused as to how things work, I have never been a member of one of these before, any advice would be great! :excited:
The best thing you can do is read all the sections and threads - some threads are short enough to read end-to-end, some are quite lengthy - the long ones, if you just read the last 2-3 most recent pages you'll get the hang of them. Fun and Games can be a neat place to start posting and getting to know people a bit, but post wherever you like, or where you feel you have something to say. Reading up is worth it. The articles section is great too.

:cool:

Aus Muppeteer

Reaction score
G'day all, and a big hello from Australia !!!

Hi my name's is Mitch, and firstly I like to say how much I will enjoy talking to other people obessed with the Muppets as much as I am. I am 19yrs old and I live in a small city called Toowoomba in the State of Queensland! I go to University in Toowoomba (USQ) and am doing a combined degree of a Bachelor of Drama/ Bachelor of Education. This means, when finished I will be a qualified Drama Teacher. However as I'm previously stressing here at Uni, my dream for being a puppeteer on any Muppet program, stays and keeps me comfort, as I keep dreaming away! I have never met any other obsessed Muppet fans till I joined this site today! I thankyou for making me feel at home!

I know I will be on this forum for a long time, so please help an Aussie guy, feel at home. I would appreciate any information about my future dream, as right now I'm planning to coming over to the USA and doing futher study on puppetry in the Muppet Field. (But first I have to finish University!!! :grouchy:

GOTTA LOVE THOSE SMILIES !!!!!!!! THEY'RE GREAT !!!! :smile:

Like most people here, I have been a HUGE fan of the muppets since I could open me eyes! I loved them heaps that when I was 3, my mother gave me a Fozzie squeaky toy, that I have hold dear to this day. I love every movie/show/muppet everything. So I won't do a list!!! :embarrassed:

To wrap up, I hope I can make some good friends and research more while this dream of mine keeps coming closer!!
I read the interview with Dave Golez, and about his life and carreer, and I just sat there holding a pain of anticipation, and kept thinking to myself "one day, I'll get there, and it will come true!!!!!!!!"

So thanks for this awesome opportunity, can't wait to talk to all you Muppet fans!!!!
Like Kermit T Frog said " Someday will find it, The Rainbow Connection".......
DREAMS CAN AND WILL COME TRUE, IF YOU TRUELY BELIEVE !!!!

See ya all
From Mitch AKA Aus Muppeteer!!!!!!!!!!!! :stick_out_tongue: