New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hello all, Just introducing myself to the forum. I'm a long time Muppet fan from way back. Still miss Dinosaurs terribly. I thought baby Sinclair was worthy of becoming the next "Elmo" in popularity and hilarity.
Dinosaurs is awesome! Baby Sinclair is really did get really big didn't he. Kind of like Bart Simpson. Anyway, Welcome to the Forum!

Hi to all my fellow Muppet enthusiasts!

I can't tell you how excited I was when I came across Muppet Central... and am a little irritated with myself that I hadn't found it earlier!

I've been a HUGE fan of Jim Henson for as long as I can remember! Stems back from very early childhood... first of course because of my daily love of watching Sesame Street (sometimes twice a day because here in Australia it would screen morning and afternoon!)

Secondly... my love affair was mainly because my Dad was a toy buyer for major department stores and then a toy seller with Jim Henson being one of his big licences (don't I wish I had a collectors state of mind when a child?)

I'll never forget the day my Dad came back from a trip to the U.S with a a signed photo of Jim with a Gorg in one hand and a VHS cassett of The Fraggles in the other! His excitement was contagious. It wasn't released out here in Australia yet so we all sat and watched it and instantly my love of Fraggles began! Boober and the Dozers being my stand out faves!

Before Fraggles... of course there were The Muppets! I have wonderful and very happy memories of EVERY Friday night sitting in front of our TV on a big purple blanket with my three siblings... eating Fish and Chips and watching The Muppet Show.. it was ALWAYS the highlight of my week!

And then there's Labyrinth... my all time favourite Jim Henson movie! I loved it so much I even wrote a class play in primary school where I wrote, starred and directed a re-enactment of the Labyrinth... I cringe a little as I write that! :smile: I was not only inlove with the movie but I did have a big crush on Jared/David Bowie too I have to admit which would probably explain why I cast myself... a young girl... as a cross dressing Goblin King!

My favourite Muppet Movie is Muppets in Space... real rib tickler that one!

And Pepe the King Prawn okay! I can't say enough about Pepe.. he is my hero... my little crayfish cutie! I've never laughed so much or so hard at any character before! Which is why I say... Pepe for President!

I'm looking forward to all the future Muppet Central Fun I'm yet to have!
That's so awsome the you got the autograph of Jim Henson and Fraggle Rock! Welcome!

Amazing what can be found in here!
I started watching The Muppet Show when it first aired in the 70's. I was in High School at the time. There hasn't been anything done since that wasn't equally enjoyable. My daughter especially liked Secret Life of Toys when it was on, however I don't find much info on availability of DVD's. I plan on spending time here whenever possible. Thank-you
Well, were glad you've joined us, and welcome!

Well I'm Toren. I Like puppeteering and puppets. And yeah. fav character is Miss Piggy. I LOVE HER. LOL, SO YEAH.BYE
That's so coll that you puppeteer. Yeah, Mrs. Piggy rules! Glad to have you here!

I started watching television ads for Wilkins Coffee in 1957. I was in 7th grade. I actually have WILKINS AND WHATKINS/WATKINS of the Wilkins coffee co. promo. Send in a $1.00 get the puppets.

I am interested in what they are worth.

I have seen every Muppet Movie and probably every show.

I now take my Grandchildren to everything I can find that is Muppet related. It gives me a cover so I can act like a 12 year old.

Glad you have this forum.

gmamaof5:excited:
Wow! That's so great that you still have the coffee promos! Welcome to the forum!

Its cool to find a site like this out there. I have been into muppets for as long as i can remember. (i turned the big 3-0 this year) Rolf, pepe and beaker are my favorites. I do a little puppetry he in canada and im getting to the point where i need to start building the puppets I cant buy. I guess thats why im here.
Yeah, that thought this site was so cool when I first joined, too! Part of the reason why I joined it. But welcome!

thank you for the warm welcome. I am so glad I found this web site/forum. Glad to find like minded friends.:smile:
Like wise! It as equally as nice to have a like minded person like yourself join us here. I hope you enjoy your self and welcome!

Hi There, Lord Chamberlain Here. (i Also Go By The Same Name In Myspace) I Love The Dark Crystal And Think,that It's Hensons Best Work (dinosaurs-tv Series Close 2nd) Anyone Else Out There Love This Movie? Let Me Know! Thanks
I've never really see TDC before, but I love dinosaurs! Welcome!

muppet baby

Reaction score
Welcome lord chamberline so glad that you are hear i hope that you have a wonderful time here at this great place :smile:

Lauraly

Reaction score
Can't Remember My Old Muppets Cassette Tape?

Hi there,

I just joined on because there is something that has been bothering me for some time now. When I was younger I owned a cassette tape of the muppets that included songs throughout the story. I can't remember the name or find it online. I do remember bits of the story and some songs. I wish we had held on to it so that I could play it for my children one day. With ebay and all the technology today I am sure with the proper information I could find it.

I am hoping can find the answer here.

Any help?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hey Yellow! How you doin'! Nice to meet you!:smile:

Hi Laural! I'm sorry I can't help, but I want to welcome you to Muppet Central, anyway! Hope you like it here!:smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just joined on because there is something that has been bothering me for some time now. When I was younger I owned a cassette tape of the muppets that included songs throughout the story. I can't remember the name or find it online. I do remember bits of the story and some songs. I wish we had held on to it so that I could play it for my children one day. With ebay and all the technology today I am sure with the proper information I could find it.

I am hoping can find the answer here.

Any help?
Hi Lauraly i wish i could help you but i don't know the tital :sympathy: if i find out i will for sure privet messege you or post it here some were .i hope that you can post more i think think that you will love it , it is a wonderful place with wonderful people :smile:

Glad to have you here !

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hi yellow glad to have you here !:smile: i hope that you have a great time here there are some wonderful people here .

anytimepally

Reaction score
Wow.. gone for a week and a whole bunch of new members join! Welcome All :big_grin:

wickedpuppets

Reaction score
HI Everybody (Hi Dr. Loki) lol, well lemme start off by saying I swore I already had an account here but it turns out I was sadly mistaken

I've been 'lurking' here for over a year now (mainly in the puppetry forum) and tonight a post caught my eye enough to bring me out of lurking.

Now that I'm fully out of the MC closet so to speak I guess it's time to start posting :smile:

I am Jason "Loki" Smith, Founder of WickedPuppets, we are a small (very very small lol) puppet troop in Northern Michigan. we are currently working on a series of full length puppet shows ala The Muppets, but geared more to moms and dads then their kids.

I am 30 years young and was raised on The Muppets, Sid & Marty Kroft, T.G.S.C. Hot Fudge Show, and many more! From the time I was 4 years old I was obsessed with puppets, I had quite a few of them (but they got tossed out :frown: ) I kept up my love of The Muppets and Puppets the whole time and finally a few years ago I decided to jump back in full force.

Right now were working with a handfull of puppets creating what were calling "Wicked Shorts" and in the coming months when the rest of the various cast puppets arrive (good things come to those who wait I guess lol) we will begin filming 3 of our full length shows

The end goal for us is DVD's and shopping the shows around to a few cable networks.

I think that about covers a "quick intro" lol, but if theres anything else you wish to know feel free to ask :smile:

-Loki-