Tartakovsky directing Dark Crystal sequel

SuzieChan

Reaction score
Are we sure this film is still in the works? I find it a bit bizarre that we have not seen anything in months, or heard a peep in a long time, yet we are already getting stills/images/clips for movies coming out next year for films like The Dark Knight, and many others.

What is going on? Are they really making this film?

yeah, I also find this a bit strange and suspicous that since we first heard about the sequel, we didn't really got to see much about it - only photos from the promotional flyer, sketches by Brian Froud, and photographs from the presentation reel at comiccon.
I've been couple of times on the official blog of the movie, and surprisingly there aren't any notes with news from the set since February - the only recent informations are about the 25th anniversary soundtrack and DVD release. I don't understand why they do that, to me it seems as if the people involved in the project are trying to keep everything in secret from the fans.
I only hope that they're going to release the teaser trailer soon... :concern:

Galacticatt

Reaction score
"The original 'Dark Crystal' was the pinnacle of puppetry; they created characters that were as believable as the ones you see in animated films," Tartakovsky said. Tartakovsky said that unlike in the pricey original film, for which otherworldly sets were built, the puppets this time around will operate amid a CGI backdrop.

"There is a limited budget here, and this will be more artsy,
I love the Dark Crystal - and the puppets were beautiful- it does look as though they are doing a good job with the puppets so far, but I am deeply afraid they are going to mess this up- even Tartakovsky seems to be preparing the hard-core fans for disappointment- warning that the budget for this is small... I guess we'll just have to see.

Also, there is absolutely 0 chance that this film is not profit motivated. And Jim Henson would be horrified.

luvdalz68

Reaction score
Can't wait!

I was 14 when DC came out, and I was totally obsessed with it. Now I am almost 40 and I am so stoked! I've been waiting 25 years for a sequel! I was a little shocked, to say the least, at how OLD Jen and Kira appear. That will take some getting used to. Kira now looks more like that Witch of the Woods from Lord of the Rings. But I guess it's to be expected if they are hundreds of years old now. I feel like I've aged hundreds of years just waiting for this movie to come out. Anyway, I hope they had lots of kids in those few hundred years. I also pray that they will bring back Stephen Garlick and Lisa Maxwell for their voices! The actors' voices should have naturally aged in the last 25 years, so they would be perfect for the part. We would still recognize them vocally as Jen and Kira, even though they look older.