New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Reaction score
Hello, fellow fans! I'm so glad to have found a Muppet forum! My name is Cal, 21 (almost) years old. Can't really say how long I've been a fan, since as everyone, I grew up with Sesame Street, Muppet Movies, Labyrinth, etc... but as to when I became a hardcore collector fan? Over the course of the past few years. I was kind of collecting, and I think it was when I found a copy of Of Muppets and Men at a carboot sale that I decided I wanted to seriously collect Muppet stuff. Slowly I have become much more involved in the work of Henson and co, looking into what has since become my favourite Henson show, Fraggle Rock. In recent years, Jim Henson has become something of a hero to me, in the way that he brought so much happiness into the world, and seems to have been a truly dedicated person.

I am also an avid Dragon Ball collector and video game player. I live in Queensland, Australia.

So, I hope I can make some great Muppet loving friends during my stay on this board!

redraven

Reaction score
Hello peoples!

I've briefly lurked around the forums a bit recently, and with my renewed interest in the Muppets (not that it was ever gone), I thought I'd join up.

I grew up watching the Muppet movies and unwrapping Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island. Unfortunately, I'm on the younger side of the Fan spectrum, but I'm still nutty about the Muppets. Of course, I made my mother watch Sesame Street with me everyday when I was little. In the song Feliz Navidad, the main thing I think of is Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, but it's taken me forever to find out that is what it's called! :wisdom:

My favorite characters would have to be Rizzo and Gonzo. Looking at the Muppet Show DVDs, I just grow to love Gonzo more and more. And when I'm not humming Rainbow Connection, it is without a doubt I'm Going to Go Back There Someday.

Outside of Muppetworld, I live in the theatre and am not coming out. I saw, a while back, something that read that every theatre company mirrors the Muppet show. It's true. :smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
Welcome, guys! :excited:

And to The HairyMonster: whoo...! An Aussie! :smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Hi
I just joined up after coming up on this place whenever I looked for Muppet based stuff.

My parents got me hooked on the muppets. They shoes me the Muppet Movie and Christmas Carol and every Christmas was played John Denver and the Muppets at least twice, maybe more depending on what we were doing around the house. The first movie I was old enough to get excited about on my own was Treasure Island but that doesn't make me any less of a fan.

My favorite character is Gonzo and I love the Gonzo and Rizzo duo so much, I hope that is something that is always around.

I'm a major in Film:writing/directing and I also have hobbies in singing and acting. I would absolutely love to do something with the Muppets one day.

Anyway, hi everyone, hope to get to know you guys better through the next few weeks.

mark20600

Reaction score
Hello!

I look forward to using this site. My family and i just finished watching the Muppet Christmas Carol. It's our favorite version of this classic story.

luther962

Reaction score
hello there! I am a huge Muppet fan, (have been since Rawlf was the headliner) and just love the Muppet Show. I am a pastor who regularly uses Muppet Whatnots for our youth. We currently have 9 puppeteers and they are great! I just purchased a Grover hand puppet off Ebay and am now looking to find a Super Grover helmet for it? Any help at all would be more than welcome and appreciated, thank you so much and I am glad to have found a forum with so many other Muppet fans!
peace

jbax

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Longtime Muppet lover, first time caller.

I just found this forum today, and I'm way excited! I wish these smiles could go with me everywhere. I'm a fledgling puppet-maker (my first try is in my avi) and a face painter, when I'm not at the job that pays the bills.

Nice to meet y'all!
Jen