New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

STrinidad

Reaction score
Sooo I am new here but a long time Sesame Street fan. I grew up on Sesame Street and Plaza Sesamo I learned English watching Sesame Street and now I am the Markting Mangaer of children's art museum...and Elmo is in the building!
I joined this forum because I needed to buy items for our new exhibit and it is refreshing to see all the people that Jim Henson has touched their lives!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Hiya! Welcome. That's an awesome story STrinidad. Congrats on your job, it sounds cool. Welcome again, hope you have fun here.
What exhibit are you shopping for?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Sooo I am new here but a long time Sesame Street fan. I grew up on Sesame Street and Plaza Sesamo I learned English watching Sesame Street and now I am the Markting Mangaer of children's art museum...and Elmo is in the building!
I joined this forum because I needed to buy items for our new exhibit and it is refreshing to see all the people that Jim Henson has touched their lives!
Welcome STrinidad! What part of S. Fla? I grew up in Tampa. :smile: Still have family there and in Key West and Tarpon Springs.

Your job sounds fantastic! Wish you luck in acquiring all you need to make Muppet and S. Street fans there happy!

STrinidad

Reaction score
I live in Miami but I work in Broward. The Young At Art Museum where I work is in Davie on the west side of Broward right off I 595 between Hiatus and Flamingo.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Welcome New membres your joining this site at a wonderful time to be a Muppet Fan!

firestarter

Reaction score
Yeah, I an the same way STrinidad. I grew up on the muppets, as well as Sesame Street. Wasn't that much with Fraggle Rock. A lot of times if I am not feeling so hot (not sick though) I will put on the muppets. The somewhat comedy of that show (whatever season I'm watching) always brings my spirits up and makes me laugh. The Disney films and even the Disney themeparks do that, just not at a high level. Jim Henson really knew what he was doing.

The Mush

Reaction score
:smile: I thank you guys for allthe welcome messages I've got. I really thank you guys!

Also, I am an artist and cartoonist, and, although my style is influenced by Bob Clampett and Chuck Jones, I am heavily influenced by Jim and the Muppeteers, more in writing, timing, and character development than style.

To see some Muppet art and other stuff at my deviantART page, at: http://mushmeister67.deviantart.com/

firestarter

Reaction score
That is some great stuff The Mush. My brother can draw as well, his drawings are more of the super hero type. If you give him a picture he can draw it sometimes even life like if he works at it. I can't draw that well, I guess drawing skips a generation or two. Anyway great job, and keep it up.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Wow I wish I could draw like that. No one in my family has artistic ability and the fact I can draw anything halfway decent is a miracle