New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Cool drawings The Mush. Reminds me of Walt Kelley. :smile:

And of course, the great Looney Tunes artists. Do you draw a strip regularly?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Hello, fellow Muppet fans! I'm glad to be one the newest fans to this forum! I first got into the Muppets when I was about seven or eight years old. Though I knew who the Muppets were prior to this (when I was very young, I called them "Muffets"), I didn't really get into them until I watched the opening trailers on the old "Muppet Christmas Carol" VHS. As soon as I saw the trailers for "The Muppet Movie" and "The Great Muppet Caper", I knew that I had to see those movies. I went to my local Blockbuster and rented the only three Muppet videos available (GMC, MFS, and "Muppet Classic Theater"). GMC immediately became a favorite of mine.

Being a young fan, I wasn't totally sure about how to pronounce some of the characters' names. For instance, Fozzie use to be "Flozzie" and Gonzo was "Gonzol". I wasn't even sure how to pronounce Rizzo's name. But I caught on pretty quickly, and got to know the names of even the most obscure characters (not bad for someone in Elementary School).

One of my earliest public Muppet experiences was in the second grade. Each morning, we would come into class and write about a certain topic that would be on the board. On one particular day (Jim Henson's birthday), the topic was "favorite Muppet character". At the time, I was pretty sure that most kids my age weren't even sure who the Muppets were (outside of Sesame Street and Bear in the Big Blue House), so I was pretty interested in hearing what others had to say. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well and had to go to the nurse before presentation time arrived.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Hello, fellow Muppet fans! I'm glad to be one the newest fans to this forum! I first got into the Muppets when I was about seven or eight years old. Though I knew who the Muppets were prior to this (when I was very young, I called them "Muffets)...
Being a young fan, I wasn't totally sure about how to pronounce some of the characters' names. For instance, Fozzie use to be "Flozzie" and Gonzo was "Gonzol". I wasn't even sure how to pronounce Rizzo's name. But I caught on pretty quickly, and got to know the names of even the most obscure characters (not bad for someone in Elementary School). quote]

Welcome in Mo Frackle!

And that's okay...Gilda Radner, in her episode of TMS, called it the Muffin Show...then again, they DO seem to be fairly muffin-obsessed around here...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Are you new to Muppet Central? Then this is the discussion for you.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your Muppet experiences and interests. Did you get into the Muppets at an early age or just recently? What are some of your favorite Muppet memories, characters, movies, or shows?

Whatever your perspective on Henson's creations you are welcome here and we're looking forward to getting to know you!
I'll post :big_grin:

I joined this site yesterday, but I've been looking at the site for years. I grew up with Muppets and all that is Muppet related xD They even helped me to learn English :big_grin:

I have more stuffed Muppets than I know what to do with :3

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------------------------------------
Welcome in DramaQueenMokey...though I'm sure you've been here a lot longer than I have! Glad you decided to post.
--------------------------------------------

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Nice to meet you DramaQueenMokey, hope you really have a good time here on the forums! I really know you'll love it!

Walter

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am new here so I thought I would post...
Anyways, Hi, i'm Walter, and I am a disney fan :smile:
I have seen the muppets my whole life but as I have looked closer into it, I realize how cool it all really is! Perfect timing too, as a new muppets movie is well on its way!
I love visiting Muppetlabs at DHS. The store, the 3d show, the fountain, its all awesome!

I like to draw and build things. I like to draw dragons and other random characters, Muppets, StarWars, The simple yet abundantly talented PIXAR lamp...

My Favorite Muppet is Uncle Deadly. Is he a minor character..Yes Do I care..No X)

I also like Sweetums, Beaker, Kermit, Fozzie, and of course Piggy.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Welcome Walter. Very appropriate name.
Minor characters are cool. The nice thing is that with the muppets no matter how minor a character is, they are still chock full of character.
Anyway, welcome again, hope ya have fun here.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------------------
Welcome in Walter!

----------------------------------