The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Sewing is a lot harder than I thought, and a lot more time consuming.
A $300 puppet doesn't seem that expensive anymore. I'm glad we have lots of time!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Yes mrhogg, one submission per person. That means make ten puppets and send in the best one. :crazy:

mrhogg

Reaction score
I'm making a bunch of them for my show, so I was hoping I'd get to deluge you with submissions. :smile:

video567

Reaction score
just curous if after we submit them to you can we post pictures of them here or on our websites also?

puppetsmith

Reaction score
That was a tough question, video567. Since the judges are all members of MC, I guess it would be preferable if you didn't until after the ten finalists are chosen. But I can't tell you what to do. :smile:

Basically, by not posting pictures it would keep the contest more fair for everybody. I do have confidence that the judges will be impartial in their decisions even if they know who a puppet belongs to. If you do decide to post pictures of your submission before the judges have chosen the finalists, your entry will not be disqualified, as it breaks no contest rules.

Good question video567. :smile:

BorkBork

Reaction score
About the pattern, when printing, is 100% enough for a regular adult hand or do i have to enlarge it? My own hands arn't big, nor small but just average...

BorkBork

Reaction score
Wow, i am dyeing antron for the first time ever. I'm using the hottest tapwater, it is pretty hot. And i am uing my tup. Let's hope it doesn't pick up the dye tho, or my wife to be will be furious with me :embarrassed:

I am using a dye called nitor. I followed the instructions and let's hope it turns out good. It's being soaked right now.

When i opened up that bag of antron i thought to myself, wow here is really a lot of this stuff. I am just using a fraction of it. There's enough for tons of puppets. It's about time i start using this stuff now. Well..wish me luck.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hey BorkBork, 100% should be good. It should be automatically set at 100%. I always dye antron in hot tap water - it should come out just fine!