Calvin & Hobbes Plush dolls BY ME!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Why won't he mass-produce his stuff?
I respect Bill Watterson greatly for his stance on merchandising his strip. Calvin and Hobbes is probably my favorite comic strip of all time (I own all the strips in book form), and I really agree with Watterson's stance. He has insisted that his cartoon strip should stand on its own as an art form. This has probably cost him of millions of dollars in additional income, but as an artist Watterson has stood strong. Watterson said in a 2005 press release: "Actually, I wasn't against all merchandising when I started the strip, but each product I considered seemed to violate the spirit of the strip, contradict its message, and take me away from the work I loved." Aside from books and calendars no legal Calvin and Hobbes merchandise has been produced. Watterson has faught for his artistic integrity with Calvin and Hobbes, such as with layout constraints and design limitations.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with reselling an official product that's copyrighted, it's selling your own creation based on a character that you don't own the copyright too.

LLP

Reaction score
actually, the 'new' calvin and hobbes strips you see in the newspaper are only reprints of the old strips.

::back to trolling::

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Tztz said:
I know it is a little 'off-topic' but do any of you knows Steve purcell? he is a very talented comix artist and character designer. The popular comix "Sam & Max" is his creation.
I really like his wild style, he designed some amazing and strange creatures :concern:
I met him a few years ago at the San Diego Comic-Con, but I don't know him.

:stick_out_tongue:

nino

Reaction score
hobbes doll is AWESOME!

The Hobbes Doll is nothing short of incredible to me. Any way to get one? My wife and I are expecting our first and mutually decided 10 years ago when we first started dateing if we had a boy to name him Calvin for obvious reasons. I would love to surprise her with a Hobbes doll. If you can, please contact me regarding this. Thanks

Ray and Mia

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!!
I made a Calvin doll too (finally)
I need to upload a photo of him and post it.
Or I'll just take a pic of both the Calvin and Hobbes dolls sitting together..
hehe!
<3 -Mia