So... Bunsen is 2nd MEGA Muppet?

Rufus

Reaction score
When is the FIRST mega suppose to come out?!?!!! yeah, we're not impatient 'round here...

- R -

grail

Reaction score
to answer two questions at once, the way i hear it, the Megas will be available for sale in-between the regular series. so between series II and III would be Beaker, between III and IV will be (apparantly) Animal, etc. that way there is a constant Muppet presence and people don't lose interest...and they're not having to spend all their money at once (people are more likely to buy when they don't have to choose between gettin 2-3 smaller ones, or one big one).

at least, i THINK that's what's going on...if i'm wrong, i'm sure one of the guys'll let us know.

to sum up...my guess is to expect Beaker to be available for Christmas

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Grail,

From what i understood from reading Ken, the Mega's would come out around (or just after) a regular figure wave but would alternate with the PVC's. So one quarter you get Mega Beaker, next quarter a PVC set - then onto Mega Animal, then a PVC set.

The exception to this was them making an extra exclusive Mega to be sold at all the summer conventions.

grail

Reaction score
ah! that sounds a bit better. i was at work when i wrote that, and didn't have time to actually look it up. thanks, Luke!

i learn something new every day...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Actually, the PVC's and the MEGA's will come out in the same quarter. The theory is that since there are three months per quarter, we can spread it all out. But who knows? Once we get to Toy Fair we'll have a much better idea of when all this stuff is coming out.

grail

Reaction score
a new set of things each MONTH?! you guys are just determined to get all my money, aren't you? oh well...i guess i'll just have to cut back on the comics...like i didn't need to already

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
that sounds good...if I see the regular wave 2 figures first and buy them all, then i'm gonna want something to fill the gap before wave 3 comes out...so a mega figure would fit in nicely, and save me from having to buy transformers :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
It sounds ok - i think we'll see later just how good an idea it is. Hopefully the stores taking the PVC's and Mega's will be a little different so that it doesn't take the attention off the main line too much - i've seen those big Simpsons figures just sitting on the shelves because people snap up the lower priced regulars right below them. I guess it depends whether you want to put as much out as you can because it's selling (great business sense) or build a little anticipation and make people wait (does more for promotion of the line).

Now does seem to be the time to put out Muppet stuff - Henson are going all out on the publicity campaign to keep the Muppets out there and 'hot' but the windows for these are usually 12 months at best. I guess this is all timed to build up for the Movie and the Fox show which could give it another boost, if not they've had a great time in the limelight and they go quiet for six months or so. I guess the sale could affect this too - the publicity may either be good or bad.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Yeah Luke, two good points. You can really just never know for sure until you put the stuff out. It will be interesting to see what happens.