Old 1980's Sesame Street episodes

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to MC EvyGrace.

Um, if you don't mind me asking... What particular sketch do you definitively remember being in? It may seem small, but often we can do a bit of tracking and some people might know the sketch/episode in question.
Also... I happen to organize a quite completist listing of Muppet characters and human chracters involved in the Henson universe of productions called the Muppet Listings, always updating with new information of course, the fifteenth version is the one currently posted if you care to do some digging in the Classic Muppets section of the forum.
Mayhaps if we knew your name or your sisters' we could find the sketch/episode quicker. If you feel more comfortable sending this information via private message, you can certainly do so though you'll need 10 posts before doing so.
Look forward to hearing from you, there's a person I know who might be able to help but like I've said, we'd need a bit of information first.

Hope you can understand and have a great Friday the 13th!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do you know if you would still get residuals if your sketches were repeated or if your episodes were rerun or released on video? Do you remember when the last time you got a residual was? Could you have gotten any residuals for any video or DVD releases, or from when reruns were shown on Noggin from 1999-2001?

EvyGrace

Reaction score
Reponse to Count and minor muppetz

Count,

These are the ones I definately remember being on. Please keep in mind that there are alot more but again it is so hard ot remember what the sketch was about started at 4 yrs old and last episode was at 13 years old

Yvette T.
1) The Breakdance episode
2) Teaching Telly to Rollerskate episode
3) Ice skating with Bert and Ernie
4) Sesame Street in Puerto Rico
5) Grouch-kateer
6) Humphrey the magician on the main stoop episode
7) Maria and Luis imagine their teenage daughter (me!!) episode when she was pregnant
8) Big Bird's Birthday at Wollman Rink

Yvette T. and Tania T.
1) Loretta Lynn episode
2) Billy D Williams episode

Tania T.
1) Episode with Ron Darling
2) Patti LaBelle - sang with her
3) Learning to tie your shoe episode
4) Bird-kateer episodes
5) Keisha Night and Oscar the Grouch episode

Ingrid T. and Yvette T.
1) Library Episode
2) Mr. Hooper's store talking to Mr. Hooper

p.s. I had an uncle and cousins on too!!!! A family thing...

I had episodes with snuff and barkley too!

Minor muppetz,

For a while up until I was like 17 yrs old. I would get residual checks for re-re-runs but not for years now. I don't even know where these episodes exist.

Evy

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Evy... The one where they're in Puerto Rico... Was this Episode 1316 María's surprise birthday? Cause that's the one I have, in which case I can definitely say who to contact to get it from.
If you know, did your family portray almost all of María's family? Would like to get the info added to the list.

Will have to check when I get back home, but I think I have a sketch with a girl named Tanya as well.
Hope to hear from you soon and have a good day.

EvyGrace

Reaction score
reply to count

I'm not sure if it was maria's birthday....it was a celebration for something...

no...my family just came on and off because ...long story...but to sum it up..

my aunt was friends with the Talent scout at that time...

and she brought her over to my house to meet me...becaus eshe thought I had a "vivid imagination" from there she just feel in love with all of us kids..and well there you go...

in terms of relationship no the show...we were not related.

There was only one "Tanya".. I'm sure it has to be her!

Tanya appeared on alot of episodes..probably more than me...

thanks for all your help

Evy

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Evy... Some info. After checking here at home, there's an episode I happen to have numbered 2407, which features a segment with Grover teaching the word "Help" with a girl named Tanya. Not sure if that's the "breakdancing" episode as you named it though.
If you're interested in this and 1316 then I suggest you contact Boober_Gorg, he's got the biggest SS episode library out of all of us. Also, when talking to him, ask him if he has any of the other episodes you're looking for.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Chris Gawley

Reaction score
hemlock said:
Hello. I am interested in those Sesame Street episodes that you're talking about. I have lots of Sesame-related shows (Square One TV, Mathnet Specials Noggin episodes of Electric Company, specials etc.). I am also looking for the five dancers dressed in blue sequins segment where they were doing a production number on the number 5. I was hoping you have that. Anyhow, e-mail me at stevesadlerjr@yahoo.com Thank You.

Steve

IT'S HERE!!!!! IT'S HERE!!!!

The "All Togehter We are Five" sketch with the five Rockettes is finally on youtube.com!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMTUMz3ed4w

Thanks so much to jonnytbird4789 for posting it!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvyGrace

Reaction score
Hi SwedishChefCook,

It's been awhile since I've logged in.

Hey...any change you could post clips of episodes on YouTube?
I'm still looking for episodes.

Evy Grace