CBS tries new SatAM line up...?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think?

I just read this in Animation Magazine:

DIC ENTERTAINMENT Dic will debut three all new properties, Cake, Horseland, and Dance Revolution, which in addition to developing a comprehensive consumer program, will premiere as a television series on the new CBS branded programming block, CBS's Saturday morning secret slumber party this fall. Strawberry Shortcake, Madeline, McDonalds vintage line and McKids Brand will also be making a showing.
And I didn't think there could be anything worse than the lame Nick Jr. shows they had on now. This is their first original Sat Am line up since 2001 or so, and of course they have to pollute it with more of the same annoying programming that 50 year old white guys think that 8-12 year old tweenybopper girls want to watch. I actually have some pretty nasty words floating around my head at the moment, but then again, this is the same company that tried to make a "Who wants to be a Millionaire" cartoon. Other than Dic's releases of great 1980's shows on DVD in a respectable collectors set (and not the UAV Family dollar crap), what the shell are they smoking there?

And the worst part is that cartoonist like me with brilliant ideas have to keep them bottled up, while a bloody Dance Dance Revolution cartoon is being made. I'd say what on earth would that be about, but I think it's best I didn't know.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I remember that once solid and entertaining institution known as Saturday Morning Cartoons, when you would switch from CBS to NBC to ABC while downing your over-large bowl of Cocoa or Fruity Pebbles, Cap'n Crunch Berry Cereal, or any of the Monster Cereals (Count Chocula, Frankenberry or Boo Berry).

Great TV no longer exists like that--nay, not even Cartoon Network. It was only on those Saturday Mornings when they had the cheesey Star Wars action figures commercials and the best 'toons of all time.

I pity the youth of America today who have to grow up wondering what Saturday Morning Cartoons were really about.

Watching those and at noon the local "rasslin'" program followed by Tarzan, Superman, Zorro, and The Lone Ranger.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Bill Clinton voice: I share your pain.

Man... Give me the days when CBS was my #1 or 2 Saturday morning stop, even when they switched it fromthe first numeric channel (18) to the next (22) when I enjoyed The Little Mermaid, Garfield & Friends, and the promo with that outline guy with the whistling music. I even miss the game show they had in 1998-1999 Secrets of the Cryptkeeper's Haunted House.

And now there's some shows I watch, but the buffet's rully shrunk down what with the major networks shying away from all that stuff. There are still some good shows on, but stupidity does prevail here and there. I need only point out Kids WB's Johnny Test. Come on, you're fooling nobody!
Well, at least I have my memories.♥

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
The channel "Boomerang" has a lot of the classic Hanna- Barbara (spelling?) cartoons.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, Saturday Morning Cartoons was such an institution! I always really looked forward to watching them, and it's a shame there's nothing like that for kids today...
Erin

Andrew T

Reaction score
Muppet Matt said:
The channel "Boomerang" has a lot of the classic Hanna- Barbara (spelling?) cartoons.
True, but since Boomerang is very limited in availability (like Noggin was in its heyday, for that matter) it's not even an option for some people, myself included.

I personally find most (all?) of Hanna-Barbera's work to be mediocre, but I won't argue with anyone who likes it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The Count said:
*In Bill Clinton voice: I share your pain.

Man... Give me the days when CBS was my #1 or 2 Saturday morning stop, even when they switched it fromthe first numeric channel (18) to the next (22) when I enjoyed The Little Mermaid, Garfield & Friends, and the promo with that outline guy with the whistling music. I even miss the game show they had in 1998-1999 Secrets of the Cryptkeeper's Haunted House.

And now there's some shows I watch, but the buffet's rully shrunk down what with the major networks shying away from all that stuff. There are still some good shows on, but stupidity does prevail here and there. I need only point out Kids WB's Johnny Test. Come on, you're fooling nobody!
Well, at least I have my memories.♥
Do you mwan Fido Dido?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Come again? Sorry, don't understand what you're asking Ilikemuppets, and I'd want to give you an honest answer... If possible.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
the promo with that outline guy with the whistling music.

I mean him. He also used to sell slice Soda.