CBS tries new SatAM line up...?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually I might as well bump this back up:

Funny. I turned this into a "cartoons suck today" post rather than following up on my main thesis.

You see, I've noticed that too many cartoons today are being made specifically for girls (obviously by 50 year old men). Crap like Bratz, Winx Club, and Trollz (oh yeah... misspelling things is sooooo kewl). The characters seem vain, anti-feminist, and poor role models. (the Winx Club theme song has a line that says "do what you will, just don't touch the hair"). Now, oddly enough, you see better female role models on Boy's TV shows...Kimiko on Xiaolin Showdown, April O'Neal on TMNT, stuff like that. It's an industry double standard. Plus the boys in those shows all seem... well... metrosexual to an annoying extent.

This really bugs me because they always try to shove female positive role models into every boys cartoon or show, and then they go and make girls shows about fashion and make up. Remeber the awful 1997 live action TMNT series? It was going good until Venus DiMilo came along (you know... the girl Turtle). This was a decision made by Fox and Saban, not Peter Laird or Keven Eastman. Peter Laird once put on a rant about how immoral that adding that character to his creation was. I think they would have solved that by introducing April into the show instead... but they didn't.

And I personally object to the whole gender segrigation of cartoon shows, especially since a lot of girls watch the boy shows. I know a lot of girls that love the new TMNT, btw... but this just reinforces the soceity driven Bioys play with trucks and rubber spiders, and girls play with Bratz and toy make up. It really is something I can't stand.